How are Dortmund so good at securing young talent compared to the rest of the world?

Don’t understand why their supporters accept how the club is run. German fans are a bit mental. Most are against outside investment, which only benefits Bayern. It’s like they all accept Bayern are the biggest and richest team and the rest are just fighting it out for second place.

They would rather keep a say in how the club is run, keep tickets affordable, basically keep it as a community club than accept outside ownership and a greater chance of winning something. I can see both sides of it, but as the financial gulf increases between Bayern and the rest you would think something has to give at some point. Unless Bayern completely shit the bed they will win the league every season

They would rather keep a say in how the club is run, keep tickets affordable, basically keep it as a community club than accept outside ownership and a greater chance of winning something. I can see both sides of it, but as the financial gulf increases between Bayern and the rest you would think something has to give at some point. Unless Bayern completely shit the bed they will win the league every season
Where’s the fun in that though.
I would hate City to win the league every season as it loses it’s competitiveness and would become boring. I hated it when the scousers won last season but at least it means something when we won it back. I was happy to see Leicester win the league when they did but none of the big teams competed and that was galling for me that we didn’t either.
I much preferred football in old money when it was a more level playing field and Forest Leeds and other teams won/ stood a chance of winning.

Don’t understand why their supporters accept how the club is run. German fans are a bit mental. Most are against outside investment, which only benefits Bayern. It’s like they all accept Bayern are the biggest and richest team and the rest are just fighting it out for second place.
yhp, worked in Germany for a while and spoke to fans of various non-Bayern or Dortmund clubs and they pretty much all said they didn't mind their best players moving to Bayern on the cheap because it was important Bayern did well for Germany in the Champions League.

Bunch of morons.

It's quite obvious really. Firstly, they have a lot of money to spend. they are resigned to effectively do an arsenal every year and see qualifying for the champions league as a title, there's no real ambition to be more than that and so that means they can pay good money for hot prospects, pay them well, play them and play them at a high level and give them a relatively uncomplicated stepping stone to the title challengers and won't keep any of them to the point they reach the ceiling there. All that makes it very enticing, it's a breeding ground.

There's no glory for their fans though, being able to boast about how much money their club made that summer is scouse levels. I'd be gutted if my club turned into that. Ambition in football is everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.