How are Dortmund so good at securing young talent compared to the rest of the world?

They offer first-team chances to the cream of young, European talent and sacrifice their own success in the pursuit of profit to do so. They then sell those players on and begin the process again. At 17, some players are impatient for their chance and they, and the players' agents, take advantage of that.

I agree with the reasons given on here, the bit I can’t understand is how come so many of them develop into top talent? Often the best 16, 17, 18 years old don’t become the best 23, 24, 25 year olds. They must be doing something special with them which is more than simply giving them game time.

I agree with the reasons given on here, the bit I can’t understand is how come so many of them develop into top talent? Often the best 16, 17, 18 years old don’t become the best 23, 24, 25 year olds. They must be doing something special with them which is more than simply giving them game time.
A lot of the teenagers in academies that are on the verge of breaking into the 1st team probably attract the attention of agents who take the piss and once we give one 18 yr old a huge wage we open the floodgates. I enjoyed watching the rags pay 10 times what they sold Pogba for to get him back, but maybe this is the price of rearing good academy prospects that have to find another club to act as a 'finishing school' by giving them top level game time?

they are sly cunts, they hear of a talent turn the young lads heads, give them more wages than they can dream of at 16/17/18 , no magic about it, they then let them play in a vastly overrated league and sell them on for big money,

that's their model, it won't always work, i bet for every 10 they sign 1 makes it.they are a selling club, and for a club with home gates of 80,000 would you be happy to always sell your best players,they are not arsed about competing just churning out young talent to make money, happy with 4th or whatever they need to make the champs league.

Don’t understand why their supporters accept how the club is run. German fans are a bit mental. Most are against outside investment, which only benefits Bayern. It’s like they all accept Bayern are the biggest and richest team and the rest are just fighting it out for second place.

surely they must have an excellent talent spotter/scouts, they are not struggling, and BM will always be richer. Bit like when cfc bought SWP off us to keep arse from signng him. FFP was touted as providing a level playing field to stop the imbalance, "fat chance".....those days are just a distant memory

But they have also had some very good "mature" players.
Lewandowski, Hummels, Goetze, Reus, Kagawa, Mhkitaryan, Aubameyang and several Polish players.
There is more to their scouting than just getting the young lads in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.