How are we all feeling about our club today?

I felt exactly the same when Thaksin bought the club, i gave up my season tickets, i stopped going to the match and whilst Thaksin was in charge I went to 1 game and that was with a friend who asked me to go and use the season ticket as it was his grandads who had just passed away and he wanted somebody to go to the match with.

Around that time, i gave up being a Mod on here because my anti Thaksin stance and being a Mod made it uncomfortable and I ended up arguing for night after night that we were making a dreadful mistake. It made me ill, i ended up in hospital but it was because I cared and i cared deeply.

Because of my stance, i missed the Aguero moment, I missed our first trophy for years, i missed the 6-1, all games I would have been at if i hadn't got rid of my season tickets. I put my principals before my love for the club but it made absolutely no difference to the club, only to me.

Since then i have been circumspect, I wasn't over happy with the Shiekh taking over but my love for City was more than anything else and my first game back was the Charity Shield at Villa park, a pal got me tickets and i realised that day how much i had missed following our club. They mean the world to me.

We can take stands against political decisions but at the end of the day I came to realise what matters is who is wearing our shirt and if they play for us I support them unconditionally. I have no control over events, i just support a football club, a football club that my family has supported for over 100 years. What ever happens at the boardroom level, they can never take away our history, they can never change how i feel about the club, because whatever they do i will support them because i am City til I die and I am proud of my club and that will not change whatever happens. I learnt my lesson see, it didn't change anything, it just meant all the years of going ,all the friends i have made, all the grounds i have supported us on , all the times we were rubbish and all the times that were good still mean everything to me and always will.

The powers that be behind this decision deserve opprobrium, they have no need to apologise though, they don't love the club like we do, they provide entertainment for us in order to garner more wealth. I have no problem with that and if our disgust at what has occurred means the powers that be walk away then so be it. The players will walk too as we can longer afford them, Foden will be sold of debts, we can go back to being ordinary MCFC, a club with a history of fucking up, a club with a history of yoyoing through divisions, but a club that is respected and even admired. I would be fine with that.

In the meantime we have a Cup Final tomorrow, a game against a team that ruined my life in 81, it is a game I want my club to win more than any other this season. So we support the players, they are blameless in all this and they deserve our backing. I couldnt give two fucks about the CL to be honest, it would be nice to win the league again and then if need be go back to being decent honest City, that club that people respect from Manchester who have great fans who love their club.

Just remember though, that like me with Thaksin, you will not change anything on your own, you will only end up missing the thing you love the most.
Oh if only i could put emotion out like that, great read, good job your not a utd fan eh:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.