How are we all feeling about our club today?

I’m still passed off with them. They haven’t even communicated to us. Thank you to Pep and many of our players for raising your concerns, but i’m still of the view that the board are cowards. If they can’t even be bothered talking today it’s so poor, honestly. I won’t accept a token apology in July with Chris Bailey.

A weight has been lifted, however I'm waiting to hear the clubs stance on it all. Bloke on the soccer special on skysports last night said City were 'reluctant'

People are just guided by emotions but don'task why those clubs wanted this? What pushed them for?

Don't you think that the operating costs of clubs are huge if they want to be competitive?

The same players tweeting some simple words fueling the masses with joy are also part of the problem? The salaries are too hight?

One thing I am is embarrassed!

This is something very trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I usually wear my City tie in work the day of a game and I looked at it this morning and thought “nah, no chance!” and opted for another tie, too embarrassed to wear it.
Had to buy a pack of disposable face masks. Can’t bring myself to wear the City ones . Pathetic I know but I still feel sick about the whole thing

Are you seriously telling me they didn't know what the backlash would be and that it wouldn't exactly sound like music to their ears? Ask yourself that question then think about why?
Too many Corinthians (or maybe Corbynites) who sanctimoniosly think our owners should act as paragons of propriety in a tank full of sharks and crocodiles. Like it or not football is and has been a dirty business. Just look at the last 30 years with the PL and CL. That doesn't mean I like it to be that way but I'm grateful we have owners who are clever enough to give predators a punch between the eyes.
In an ideal world a German type model would be much more acceptable and indeed I have advocated for it in fanzines many bluemoons ago. Fans do matter ...more than anything, but they understand the machinations and the majority will be be both indignant yet sanguine and pragmatic.
Just think of this before launching into fits of self flagellation
We didnt start the fire
Maybe you're right mate.
We definitely went full on tory with this on.
Way to go!

People are just guided by emotions but don'task why those clubs wanted this? What pushed them for?

Don't you think that the operating costs of clubs are huge if they want to be competitive?

The same players tweeting some simple words fueling the masses with joy are also part of the problem? The salaries are too hight?

I do agree with that point. Players tweeting are probably asking their agents to squeeze as much as possible out of the clubs. This moment has been coming for some time.

If we were the Trojan Horse that bought the whole shitty house of cards down there’s plenty of fucking posters on this forum that will need to write their own apologies to the owner and board.
What a entitled, judgemental & sanctimonious bunch of victims we are!
Well, we were not the trojan horse. So, as you were.

No I don't think I am.
You would need to show how we could have laid a trap in something of which we played no part. This was a plot by the spanish to get over their debt problems and by the yanks to create a no relegation cash cow. We were not in the loop.

This theory rather depends on us being a mover and shaker in the superliga to lay a trap. But that does not square with the idea that we we approached at the last minute with a take it or leave it fait accompli.
The yanks wll not have consulted us on their plot, so how did we lay a trap?
Wishful thinking.

not entirely mate and what if it wasn’t as last minute as has been reported? I don’t see khaldoon being flustered into joining anything? This is a guy who does some of the worlds biggest investment deals and meets and deals with world leaders?!? Yet he would be panicked into doing this!? He doesn’t come across as someone who panics easily imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.