How are we all feeling about our club today?

Relieved, but i'm waiting for a public apology/explanation from the owners.

I've said for years - and this saga has proven it:

Football Clubs are not businesses, because they are not run as one! There isn't a major football club in the world that is truly sustainable. How can you pay players hundreds of thousands of pounds per week, and agents millions of pounds, and expect to not fall into debt.

Agents have to be scrapped - the players should represent themselves and go where they want to go, not where the agent pushes them.

Wages have to be capped. I know the players have a short career, and are high profile people, but who really needs £200k a week? They could buy my house, in cash, every week - but it's going to take me 35 years to pay it off! It's crazy!

Put a cap of £20k a week on wages (which is plenty) - and attract players to your club by showing them around your stadium, training ground, telling them your plans for the future, make them feel welcome etc. like you would when trying to attract a client to your business in the real world.

Disappointed that we got involved in the first place, but relieved that we saw sense and glad that we were instrumental in bringing this whole thing crashing down. Still think we’re due a proper explanation though.
Thing is Ric our owners were wrong to have got involved in the first place, but over the last 13 years these owners have been fantastic , brought us some of the best moments and achievements in our history, built up the club, the area, they made a massive mistake , they allowed themselves to be bullied into to thinking we would get left behind by our rivals, who by the way have trying to bring us down for the last 13 years and were the ones driving this league, that was their biggest mistakes. Fortunately we were on the inside to bring this whole ridiculous super league idea down although we shouldn’t have allowed ourselves to be there in the first place. I think we owe it to them after all they have done for City a bit of leeway after they made what was , all be it a big one , their first mistake.

Relieved, but I need a lot more from the club before I think about drawing a line under this. We need an explanation as to what the fuck they were thinking and what they are going to do to make amends.

Had to buy a pack of disposable face masks. Can’t bring myself to wear the City ones . Pathetic I know but I still feel sick about the whole thing
I work in a place with around 150 people. There are City United Bolton Stockport Rochdale Leeds Liverpool Everton WestHam Villa and Newcastle fans here... every one of them knows I’m a big City fan but I still couldn’t put that tie on today!

I can't help but be filled with the certainty that we've missed the biggest PR opportunity since the takeover. I'm sure the decision was taken at the Sheikh's level, but if we as a club had the foresight to see how this would play out, by standing up and not being the only english team not included (like Bayern did) we would have become the club that saved football. It would have had huge ramifications for the way we are perceived as a club.

So, so happy.
The club in the end did the right thing, fancy chess games or not it’s turned out ok. We’ll deal with fines or points deductions if they come.
Let’s just give Spuds a good seeing to, sort the title and hopefully do the business in the CL.
Glad to be back to talking about football, feels good.

Don't feel any different about club and never did through the whole saga, did feel different about owners or people running it, they have redeemed themselves a bit at least.

Do feel big changes are needed from top to bottom in the game. And that includes spending and to player wages as well as tv money, competition formats and people who make the decisions for the associations and clubs.

I can't help but be filled with the certainty that we've missed the biggest PR opportunity since the takeover. I'm sure the decision was taken at the Sheikh's level, but if we as a club had the foresight to see how this would play out, by standing up and not being the only english team not included (like Bayern did) we would have become the club that saved football. It would have had huge ramifications for the way we are perceived as a club.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.