How are we all feeling about our club today?

No, we didn't.

But we did choose to throw petrol on the fucking thing!
Bud no one on here is or was privvy to what went on
Let the dust settle and we'll surely get at lesst some semblance of what was going on behind the scenes.
The grovelling apologies from Arse and LFC owners speaks volumes imho

Still puzzled because we have only had a terse statement on our website. I’d like to know why and what exactly they were thinking of but I guess that will never be explained.

But also it means I’ll now probably not be able to afford a new (second hand) car! When we were ‘in’ the SL I was looking forward to saving my City money for a replacement car! Ah well, that’s life I guess. Thanks City, that’s another thing to think about when I think of how I feel about the club now. City ruining car buying since 2021! :-)

Feel great, actually. I think we'll come out of this relatively unscathed, as will Chelsea. Looks to all and sundry that we had interest in it but were never fully committed but had to to do some investigation to see if it was right for the club and the game. Once it was clear that not as many other clubs (BM, PSG, Porto etc) would be in it as was sold to us we rightly withdrew.

I'm not bothered about an explanation tbh. After the shenanigans of UEFA towards us over the last few years (I know - driven by G14 clubs - but the fans of the other 14 PL clubs don't know that), I think we had a genuine motive to shaft UEFA if we wanted to.

Last edited:
If we were the Trojan Horse that bought the whole shitty house of cards down there’s plenty of fucking posters on this forum that will need to write their own apologies to the owner and board.
What a entitled, judgemental & sanctimonious bunch of victims we are!
And if we weren't?

the American owned clubs are not as stupid as we think,they had been plotting this for months without consulting city or chelsea and spurs,they gathered their grubby package and aproached the three clubs at the death giving them hardly any time for consultation, sign up or we move on to another club, the 3 clubs hesitate maybe seek legal advice indoors and there told nothing enforcable so they sign up rather than miss the boat,'no big deal as they can get off the boat' but have at least secured the ticket, the public outcry was not expected and we withdrew first, thats it and now its ended,do i hold a grudge with MCFC no i dont,its over and now we move on

I can't help but be filled with the certainty that we've missed the biggest PR opportunity since the takeover. I'm sure the decision was taken at the Sheikh's level, but if we as a club had the foresight to see how this would play out, by standing up and not being the only english team not included (like Bayern did) we would have become the club that saved football. It would have had huge ramifications for the way we are perceived as a club.

The daily mail literally ran an article last night saying “Sheikh Mansour saves football”

I can't help but be filled with the certainty that we've missed the biggest PR opportunity since the takeover. I'm sure the decision was taken at the Sheikh's level, but if we as a club had the foresight to see how this would play out, by standing up and not being the only english team not included (like Bayern did) we would have become the club that saved football. It would have had huge ramifications for the way we are perceived as a club.

Spot on. The hypocrisy we have shown as a club, fighting UEFA for their clear corruption and anti-fairness and then jumping on board with something even worse. I would have liked to have seen a statement along these lines:

Manchester City was invited to participate in the European Super League which offers the opportunity to secure significant investment which in turn would benefit the club in its ability to fund investment in playing staff, coaching and world leading facilities.

Since we first invested in the club, we have overseen significant investment both on and off the pitch. This has included a wider regeneration of the local area and a desire to create a football club that gives back to its community. We've been fortunate to see great success, perhaps most defined by the Aguero moment which was sporting competition at its finest and showcased all of the emotion that accompanies the beautiful game.

The introduction of FFP by UEFA has, in our opinion, looked to impact competition and our legal battles with UEFA have shown that despite this, we have and continue to comply with the regulations. As a club we have seen how hard it is to build a team that can challenge at the top level. We are now established as an elite side domestically and in Europe but the European Super League, in our opinion, threatens the ability for any other side to have their moment in the sun.

We therefore have turned down our invitation, believing that a revised UEFA competition, that offers places through sporting merit and not financial power, is a much better solution to the current issues voiced by those clubs proposing this Super League.

Manchester City would be hypocritical to join a structure that rewards certain teams based on their finances and not their sporting success. As a club, we have experienced ups and downs more than most and just over a decade ago would have been in a position where such a league would have had no place for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.