How are we feeling about renewals

Cup schemes are going. I expect prices to go up again and some will actually defend the decision. The truth is that the number of times we see a world class performance is very limited. For the most part matches are dull and it's a training exercise. That's not something I get excited about watching.

This isn't negative though. The club actively want daytrippers and they're getting what they want. The suits are succeeding and they will get more and more games like today. Which is fine, because I'll stream it with a beer and I don't even need to turn the volume down.

The reason I going to matches is because it's better.... Except that's not the case nearly as much these days.

Have been season ticket/card holder for 35 years and yes will be renewing for next season, but VAR is seriously pissing me off, lets hope for some improvement next season, but won't hold my breath.
I have 25k points so can get tickets for away matches ok, and i'm sure many will agree the away games can be the best but, several friends are now missing out on away tickets for the corporate and others such as foreign daytrippers getting priority, so if it comes to the day where i don't have enough points because of these changes then my season card will go too.

I think there's a wider picture here, whereby City's hardcore following (who stuck by the club in the late 90s) are now in their mid 50s, and for all sorts of reasons, are finding other things to do, However, the attendances have never been so high, and I don't think this social demographic shift is purely confined to those of a sky blue persuasion,

On a personal level, this is the least number of away games I've attended since the late 70s. I suspect we'll continue to win trophies, but the new generation will never be as close to the club, particularly when compared to the raw emotion of the 1999-2000 promotion season under Joe Royle.

There'll always be attrition season in and season out. Don't think this summer will be any different. There's plenty waiting in the wings to come in too. My daughter has been on the waiting list now for 2 years to no avail!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.