How can I stop adverts

the MEN have similar adverts without audio. So it is possible. Any chance we can get the audio set to 0 as default Ric?

grunge said:
the MEN have similar adverts without audio. So it is possible. Any chance we can get the audio set to 0 as default Ric?

I'm afraid not mate. Unfortunately they're only willing to offer those ads to bigger publishers at the moment. I've been asking for a while if we can have those on Bluemoon, but no joy so far.

I appreciate how irritating the video ads are, which is why we restricted them to guests on the forum. I know it's an inconvenience having to log in, but I guess the alternative is to switch your speakers off when visiting the site.

There's no guarantee the video ads are going to stay, it'll be reviewed again in the coming months. We've moved the site onto a far more expensive hosting package recently in order to prevent the downtime that was blighting the site during busy periods. This needs to be funded from somewhere, and advertising is the best solution at present.

glen quagmire said:
Correct me if i am wrong, but if i click on the ad, does Ric/bluemoon get dosh? As i click on them a few times every day. Am i wasting my time?

No, definitely not wasting your time mate. Clicking the ads help, it's much appreciated.

Ric said:
grunge said:

I'm afraid not mate. Unfortunately they're only willing to offer those ads to bigger publishers at the moment. I've been asking for a while if we can have those on Bluemoon, but no joy so far.

I appreciate how irritating the video ads are, which is why we restricted them to guests on the forum. I know it's an inconvenience having to log in, but I guess the alternative is to switch your speakers off when visiting the site.

There's no guarantee the video ads are going to stay, it'll be reviewed again in the coming months. We've moved the site onto a far more expensive hosting package recently in order to prevent the downtime that was blighting the site during busy periods. This needs to be funded from somewhere, and advertising is the best solution at present.

Ta, I thought it might just be a set up option, seems weird that they offer them to "larger" sites but not others. I realise it's a funding issue and I appreciate it.

I'll mess with my links ( front page ad ignores being logged in )and try to go for the logged on all the time options. I just dont like leaving stuff logged in at work for anyone here to mess with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.