how close to the ground

Me and two mates had a lift from Mrs BP at 6.35 from Lowry Hotel. Literally pulled off the car park and heard the news. One lad had to brave it across Manchester, as we had to drop a mate off in New Moston before heading back to Worsley. Stuck to the A roads and there was no one on the road.

did anyone get there money back from car parks just wondering what they would do in this situation.
also anyone that did corporate obviuosly had eaten buy the time called off do you get a freebee at the re arranged game

Puzzling story on R5live this morning.........The presenter(Rachael) was at Crewe Station this morning talking about the damaged roof and how they evacuated the station yesterday because roof panels had blown onto power lines when she started talking to a bloke who says he lives in Weymouth and left about 12-00 noon by car to get up to the Etihad and found out in Stockport that the game was off - he turned round and went back to Weymouth got home about 2-00am this morning - said he was "shattered". He said he would be back up for the Chelsea game and Barca next week. Fair do's to him ...............
BUT what she didn't ask him was what he was doing at Crewe station at 8-15 am this morning. I couldn't work it out...............Did anyone else hear this or am I going stupid!.??

i live in Stretford so not too far to travel i left early to avoid being stuck in traffic due to the bad weather, i parked in the cornershop pub carpark that cost me £6 and walked to the Townley pub and after 10 minutes i found out the match had been called off. I was sat near a group that had just got in the pub after travelling for 5 hours not sure where they came from but felt sorry for them.

Ainley Top on M62. Had taken two and a half hours to do 60 miles from east yorks. Quite happy to turn round as was really grim journey. Got home to a told you so, so I asked who was going to win the PL oh clever one! Can't publsh the answer I received but it sounded painful. :-)

Pick my son up on a Wednesday from school in Liverpool. When City are playing I normally drop him off at about 5-30 and fly home to pick my brother in law up. M6 being closed on the junctions I use (19-21) and traffic heavy over Runcorn bridge meant I decided to just go straight over M62 into Manchester. After an hour and half of bumper to bumper I got into City center then heard it was called off - then had to negotiate princess parkway and M56 which took another hour and half. Got home just after 9 after leaving Liverpool at 5-30.
No complaints with it being off though, was some pretty fucking hairy moments over the course of the journey!

its a Barm said:
did anyone get there money back from car parks just wondering what they would do in this situation.
also anyone that did corporate obviuosly had eaten buy the time called off do you get a freebee at the re arranged game

No, after 45 min journey, parked in carpark near Piccadily, got battered by hailstones walking to Mary D's, Just getting chippie tea to be informed by police, game had been cancelled. Same walk back - where were all the taxis????? - back to carpark to thaw out, no one around. Ah and then the text from City advising game off ...

Sitting in a wee cafe, mins from the ground, totally soaked after walking up Pollard St.
My fist game in about 5 years - had left my house at 9.30am to get bus down from Glasgow - to say I was gutted would de an understatement!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.