how close to the ground

Got as far as Stoke on the M6 after leaving Hampshire at 1.30. Sat Nav was telling me I'd get to the ground at 9.45 when it was called off. Stopped for petrol near the Britannia, heard their game was still on and thought fuck it, better than no football at all....

I was wrong!

Got home at 12.45am

junc of Barlow Moor and Parkway, dad phoned and said "you heard the news"

East car park. Should have parked up and waited suppose. Then went for a curry in Rusholme before heading back down the m56. Don't suppose anyone knows if I can get the tenner for the car park back.

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Bluemoon dan said:
We were in a pub in town. What was odd was a bloke walked into the pub and announced it was off. Not that it might be off or that the game was in doubt, 100% it was off. Thing was, this was a good 20 minutes before it appeared on Twitter and was confirmed so no idea who or how he knew but he was spot on!

If it was Wetherspoons that'll have been me................

Yeh it was! Go on, reveal your source?

bluesteve1964 said:
kippax81 said:
Travelling from the Fylde, I got as far as the M65 junction on the M61 when I thought "sod this for a laugh".
I have been driving for 29 years and that was the worst road conditions I have ever encountered......seriously bloody dangerous. My heartfelt admiration goes out to anybody who was brave enough to try and drive to the Etihad last night.

Same journey but got a bit further. Decided on M65 then M66 route to avoid M61 junction with M60. Got as far as Bury and heard about call off. Driving was a nightmare, truly horrendous. Good thing was there were hardly any lorries on the roads. There were actually 2 "hiding" under the motorway bridge when we turned back.

Also made the same journey but got as far as parking up by the Etihad near the chippy by Holt Town tram stop when we heard it was off (6.35) , turned straight round but traffic really bad heading back out of Manchester. Right decision to call it off but should have done it a few hours earlier, those conditions had been forecast all day!

Stuck in traffic on M62 junction 25 absolute nightmare journey would of missed first half anyway so when we heard call off at 7pm we headed off home totally pissed off but at least the arse dropped points to lighten the night.

Alarm set for 345am, got up tv on and it was Newcastle v Spurs shit what is going on, flicking through the tele and no City.

It then came on City v Sunderland postponed, fcuking great . Lost a nights sleep for fcuk all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.