How did you find out?

BlueMooner87

So how did everyone find out we were taken over by adug?

for me i was at work and this old rag fan was sat at his desk on his comp and said ' oi dan your lot have been bought out again'

i said 'by who?'

to which he replied ' i dont fuckin know some fuckin arabs'

then i checked it out myself he looked lke he was going to throw up when i told him of the riches

I had to drive down to Northampton for a 10:00am meeting and arrived about 9:15 so didn't hear it on the radio. I was in the room early and knew there was another City fan due to be in there but someone said he probably wouldn't be as he'd just come back from holiday and was too busy.

As the meeting started someone asked "Isn't Paul (the City fan) coming?" and the story about him being too busy was repeated. They then said "Too busy? He was talking about football when I saw him a few minutes ago. Apparently his Manchester City have been taken over by an Arab billionaire."

Needless to say that the next two hours were the longest two hours of my life.

I had the day off as it was me AND my rag wifes birthday.

We wandering along the beach at camber sands (south kent coast) and nipped into a cafe to feed our 6 month old baby.

I was having some nosh and on a distant telly i saw the city badge and some arab fellas, so i wandered over and got the best birthday pressie ever.

I'd been in an avoidance of dispute meeting all morning. We adjourned for the day and i returned to my union office, after typing my notes up i remembered to turn my mobile back on. My dad had left an answerphone message which said "I don't know if you've heard about City, i'll let you find out yourself then call me back". I thought we'd gone under. My phone then bleeped "One message recieved", it was from my City text alerts and said something like "Manchester city have been brought by ADUG group to become the world richest club. They have also made a 30 million bid for berbatov which tottenham have accepted."

I spent the next 30 minutes in a shocked silence before calling my dad back.

Was just nipping out for some lunch in work when a rag told me we'd been bought out by Abu Diaby.

Then all the news kept coming in about Berbatov etc. Then my dad rang me and said "what the hell's happening at our club?"

Brilliant day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.