How did you find out?

M.A.R.T.I.N said:
dannybcity said:
mcfc28 said:
I read it on an obscure Arabian business news site - via Google news

and then.... started that infamous thread!

The man himself!
Why were you looking at an Arabian business news site?

yer thats intresting. why was you looking at that site in the first place. did you just find it?

literally just found it on google news, must have picked it up cos it had City in the title.

mcfc28 said:
M.A.R.T.I.N said:
dannybcity said:
mcfc28 said:
I read it on an obscure Arabian business news site - via Google news

and then.... started that infamous thread!

The man himself!
Why were you looking at an Arabian business news site?

yer thats intresting. why was you looking at that site in the first place. did you just find it?

literally just found it on google news, must have picked it up cos it had City in the title.

Yeah whatever Dr Al.

Working with my rag co-worker 8:30am, just waiting for my next job when he get's a text off one of his rag mates told me we'd been taken over by some arabs laughing cos we had yet another owner, put 5 live on the radio and it started to come through the true extent of it.
The rag was still being smug so i told him we'd go for Berbatov in jest only for it to come true then his battery went on his phone and he had to put up with me giving it to him all day getting no rag info of his mates, so much fun it's the only time i'v seen him get realy worried about little old City. Spent the rest of the night with SSN on and on BBC sport page on the net (had'nt found the mighty bluemoon mcfc then).

I was making a delivery when my mate Brendan rang my mobile about 10am:
Brendan: "Have you heard the news?"
Me: "Corluka gone to Spurs?"
Brendan: "Yeah, and Franks gone too!"
Me: "Frank who?"
Brendan: "Shinawatra, were being taken over by Arabs who are minted....we offered 30mill for Berbatov and its been acepted by spurs, I got home about 1pm and spent the day like everyone else watchin SSN.
I get up for work about 3.30 am so went to bed about 10, at midnight my bro kev rang...
Kev:have you heard ?
Me: about the takeover?
Kev: We signed ROBINIHO...
happy days

I woke up about 11.45 and put sky sports news on straight away as i always do, can't remember who was on but somone was being interviewed, wasn't football it was something like horse racing i think, but i noticed the yellow ticker at the bottom saying we had been taken over, i thought oh jolly good i wonder who by, 2 minutes later they went through the takeover details again and showed the rich list, then i saw they had 13 billion in the consortium and then realised we were the richest club in the world, then i just watched it for an hour and soaked it all in as i couldn't really believe it!!!!!!!!

i was at my desk in the office early doors browsing bluemoon and newsnow when i saw the thread pop up - memory serves me right i was one of the first to respond to thread with something that went like "fuck me", remember clearly the tingle that went down my spine and the broadest grin whilst desperately trying to validate the story as it had been initially broken by that twat at Arabian Business, at least i knew about it before those cnuts at SSN, lol.

Was in florida on holiday.. was actually in one of the theme parks and got a text message saying we'd been taken over and we're now loaded... didn't take much notice untill the same lad texted me again saying we had bid 30m for both Gomez & Berbatove and that spurs had accepted... after that I didn't spend any time with the kids and spent the rest of the day on my blackberry!!! Then got back to hoel about 6:30 (11:30 uk) and then my phone went mental as the rumours broke that we were after Robinho.... spent all night surfing the web and reading posts on here.... an expensive phone bill was soon rattled up... a great day!!!

Turned on my phone after trainin and had a text from my dad saying we were in for berbatov nd that we were takin over by arabs/ did realise how rich we were till the day after

I remember it was the transfer market so I did my daily check on skysports, bbc and ,of course, bluemoon. There was one guy who posted a really long article about it and I thought, fuck that, must be bollox. The day then went on and speculation grew, then of course it became a fact near enough. I then went to work and heard we were being linked with the likes of berbatov and then we signed Robbie. To be honest it was fucking surreal for days. It is still suprising to this day. Our city, the small time club who wins fuck all is back in town! Fuck what has happend in the past its whats ahead of us thats going to put the smiles on our faces! Come on you blues, fuck what everybody says against us we can do it!
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.