How did you find out?

I was watching sky sports news trying to look at the City goals from the Sunderland match and then I just seen the breaking news ticker at the bottom, I ended up glued to the tele that whole day.

I was supposed to be going on holiday to Turkey that Monday teatime, I woke up Monday morning in excitable mood because I was going away, switched on Sky Sports News and it was on there. Then of course the stories about us signing Berbatov. We went to the airport later that day and I was sat in Manchester airport departure lounge constantly checking my phone for updates.

We took off sometime between 7.30 - 8 I think it was, by that time there had been little news except it looked like we weren't getting Berbatov. I couldn't wait to land in Turkey so I could switch my phone back on(it was after midnight now) to see what had happened. Unfortunately my signal had died out there, but I just assumed we hadn't signed anybody.

It wasn't until the next night, we were sat in a bar, and I noticed on the tele in the background was SSN, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a blue City shirt with "10 Robinho" on the back, I rushed over to check, and, unbelievably, it was true!

The only downside to all that was that I was still away for the Chelsea game and after all the excitement I'd really wanted to go, but I guess you can't have it all. Very exciting holiday nevertheless!

I tried to stay up cos of all the Berbatov excitement, but couldn't do it. Got a message from my Dad saying we were in for Robbie, but thought it was just bullshit, til I turned on the computer and saw the news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.