How difficult is it to install another phone point?

Ja Salford Blue

I want to install another phone line in my livingroom so I can move my wireless router, does anyone know how hard this is to do?

The current phone socket is in the hall and I would want to run it outside and then into my living room so that I dont have a cable running along my skirting boards.

do I need any special cable to run it outside?

the best price I have been quoted is £55 for someone to come out and do it (bt wanted £120)! but I have seen the extension kits online for £10 so its worth trying to do it myself.

cheers

Get a splitter that plugs into the one in the hall, then buy a long extension cable that you can unravel to where you want it. Easy.

paphos-mcfc said:
scall said:
Get a splitter that plugs into the one in the hall, then buy a long extension cable that you can unravel to where you want it. Easy.

This would be the easiest, cheapest option.

I am easy and cheap, which I why it was perfect for me to suggest this method...

scall said:
paphos-mcfc said:
scall said:

I am easy and cheap, which I why it was perfect for me to suggest this method...

What you doing tonight then? Can I bring my tea towel?

paphos-mcfc said:
scall said:

Just be careful here because some routers can play up when plugged into a long extension too far away from the main socket.

it kind of defeats the object though using an extension cable because I dont want to hal cables trailing all over the house, thats why I wanted to run it externally

Ja Salford Blue said:
I want to install another phone line in my livingroom so I can move my wireless router, does anyone know how hard this is to do?

The current phone socket is in the hall and I would want to run it outside and then into my living room so that I dont have a cable running along my skirting boards.

do I need any special cable to run it outside?

the best price I have been quoted is £55 for someone to come out and do it (bt wan
ted £120)! but I have seen the extension kits online for £10 so its worth trying to do it myself.

cheers

Funnier enough we need this doing in our house as well. Who quoted you £55? Would Be far safer for me to pay that than get me involved in any form of DIY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.