How do football supporters travel to football games?

I have completed the questionnaire but felt that there were some flaws in the way that the questions were asked.

If I am travelling less that two miles, I tend to walk. If I am travelling to the other side of Edinburgh, I will use the bus or go by motorbike. If I am travelling to Glasgow or Manchester, I will go by train. If a I am travelling to somewhere inaccessible like Norwich, I may use a car.

The distance dimension was not raised in any of the questions.

Done and good luck

For info, we run a 50 seater coach to home games from North Yorkshire, Harrogate and Leeds.

Done the survey...

Just a final note:
I travel to games using Metrolink, unless the poor midweek evening service means I can’t get on the single unit going to Altrincham (that used to be perfect as it had direct Mets from Alty to the Etihad and back) from the city centre as it’s too busy and I have to get a taxi because the service doesn’t run late enough.

[Are you reading TfGM/Metrolink?!]

Done.

My issue is that whereas primary public transport routes are reliable the secondary one’s aren’t.

I.e. getting from my town to the stadium or to manchester is fine but getting from my house to local town has unreliable public transport.

£9.70 full system one travel ticket or £7.30 bus n tram.

£1.60 in the car (hybrid) which I have to use for work in any case, on street parking plus I can fit 3 passengers in for nothing, good conversation, no queueing, no waiting.

There’s only one choice.

Germany: free transport in local area with match ticket. Although less convenient, that’s an incentive.

Good luck with your studies Ryan.

It’s difficult to set a load of tick box questions, especially when it’s for many clubs, but, for travel to Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium our issue is that they only did 3/4 of a job when they built the stadium for the commonwealth games and the public transport infrastructure, which cannot cope with a matchday crowd does not encourage people to use it despite the cost.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.