How do I ethically buy a pedigree dog?

Ok sweetheart - just pointing out that you can both have a pet and visit a pub. Not all pubs are “sweaty” and full of “ballsacks”. Calm down, indeed, dear ;-)
I went to Hawkshead for the first time last summer. Everywhere was dog friendly apart from a bar that had cats in it. Really nice meal in a boozer with the dog sat next to me was great, and everyone wanted to talk about him.

Dogs are by nature, great fanny magnets. Especially handsome looking Retrievers and Labradors.....Guess what..??

Girls love cats, mate. Honestly.

Several female friends wanted to come over just to play with Sophie. The ex adored her too and bent over the chair to rub her and hold her paw for ages.

Girls love cats, mate. Honestly.

Several female friends wanted to come over just to play with Sophie. The ex adored her too and bent over the chair to rub her and hold her paw for ages.

.....When you say " bent over the chair to rub her and hold her paw for ages ". I dont suppose you would care to go into detail, it's just a feline loving friend of mine is interested.

I got a Lab from a rescue centre in Lancashire 20 years ago, for a nominal fee. They check you out to make sure you are offering a good home. Mine came from an elderly lady who had a terminal illness and at 18 months old was house trained. Had her till she was aged 17, which is good for a Lab. Either they had her spayed or I had to let them know if I had it done, cant remember which. This is so breeders don't get them cheap or as the girl said to me, there are too many that is why we do this, which I agreed with anyway as I had no intention of breeding. Try this centre it could be the one I used, just not sure now.
Labrador Rescue {north west} Area,
Malt Kiln Farm
Tinklers Lane. Eccleston. PR7 5QY .01257 452500

If you want to be ethical then rehoming a dog from Manchester dog's home might be an idea. No doubt they will see an influx in the next 6 months as many households bought dogs during lockdown.

Sadly, I think you're right. On the other hand buying a ' pedigree ' dog isn't just about snob value. Mongrels by nature live longer and dont tend to be as high maintainance. All our ' pedigrees ' only had short lives whilst our cross breeds lived a lot longer and had generally more healthier lives and I'm not talking about these new fashionable designer mongrels, Cockerfuckingpoos and Labrabastardhuahuas that seem to be farm bred nowadays

.....When you say " bent over the chair to rub her and hold her paw for ages ". I dont suppose you would care to go into detail, it's just a feline loving friend of mine is interested.

Soph was curled up on the chair and the ex leant over to play with her. She loved a massage rub and you could hold her paw too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.