how do I find out my wifi password?

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by Barcon, 3 Apr 2015.

1. Barcon

Barcon

Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot but, we have the neice coming over to look after the cat while we're away and I'm not sure I have the right password. Is there any way that I can check to see if I have it right? Other than someone coming over with a phone and trying to log in, I'm not sure how to check.

2. malg

malg

If you PM me your full name, mum's maiden name, and your bank account number and sort code, I can get your password to you in a couple of hours.

3. mindmyp's_n_q's

mindmyp's_n_q's

If you haven't changed it for any reason it should be printed on the bottom of your router.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. TCIB

TCIB

If it is the default one that came with your router then it should be written on a sticker somewhere.

If not me or someone will tell you how to view it on pc.

5. 5948947

or just ring your provider they will reset it for you.

6. DavidWhitesBoots

DavidWhitesBoots

If its been changed from the default thats on the sticker, just find the reset button on the router and press it this will reset it to the default password.

7. Barcon

Barcon

I think I might have changed it but I'm not sure. So it's either the number that I have wrote down, or it's one I made up. I don't really want to change it now as I would have to fuck around with every device that's on it. Can I erase the info from my phone and then try putting in the password that I think it might be?

8. waspish

waspish

If it's a virgjnmedia one it will be on the router

9. Zubrman

Zubrman

My wife doesn't have a password but she is still very difficult to work out.

10. BerkshireBlue

BerkshireBlue

if you have a device connected to the router either wirelessly or by ethernet then just type the router ip into chrome/ie/mozilla ie 192.168.0.1
    then sign in (usually a standard password for sky router its u: admin p: sky) then under wireless you should see your password.

if you have a laptop connected by wireless you can also go to control panel> network sharing centre> click on connections> wirless properties>security>show password