How do I stop cats crapping on my lawn

Not sure it's a really an offence unless the cost and effort of clean up means it falls within criminal damage or harassment if it is the same oddball bringing a dog round to shit on your property.

Plenty of different rules for cats and dogs though, cats are allowed to have free reign to roam but it's an offence to not have your dog under control.

If you see a dog in front of your car the animals Act 1971 obliges you to take all reasonable steps to avoid hitting it and preventing knock-on effects of causing risk to life or damage to persons and property, although you don't need to take the same action to avoid hitting a cat.
The Dog Fouling Act 2016

I know this is going to sound daft but it has worked for me, the neighbour has a cat and it's a real fat bastard, not unlike my neighbour if im honest. anyway it comes into the garden in one particular area and used to take a crap all over the lawn. I was told to put a clear bottle half full of water at the point where it comes into the Garden. I was really sceptical about it but 2 months later and it seems to have done the trick.
We're surrounded by trees, hedges and general greenery, we're in the sticks....at least the hedgehogs, toads, and sheep dont shit on my lawn but the cats could and do come in from anywhere.
One thought I had and if there are any gardener types out there maybe you could confirm....the grass this year has been very mossy due to me not putting moss killer down, could this be a deciding factor in their choice of shitter being as it's softer than usual. Last year we didn't have the problem.

The Dog Fouling Act 2016

Public place or private land? If it is your own lawn then that law doesn't apply, save reasonable exceptions such as public footpaths through farm land or woodland (run by the Forestry Commission and open to the public).

There may be a route of redress in civil law but in most cases "offence" means criminal law.

Get a cat.
Probably the worst thing he could do as it would end up in cat wars
Next door has three cats that were constantly trespassing into my garden
I have cat proofed as much as possible, putting chicken wire across the gaps they would come in by and spreading cat repellent. They can jump the fence, but cats are lazy fuckers so they take the easy route around now
As for the war. There's a cat up the road that is always in next door's garden shitting, marking its territory over the three cats that live there
My neighbour. who we do get on with, had the cheek to complain in conversation about this cat from up the road, yet his cats were always shitting in my garden

As someone else has suggested, you need big cat poo and this is the easiest product to buy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.