How do I stop cats crapping on my lawn

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Everytime I mow the grass there are little piles of cat crap everywhere. I've tried putting up tinsel and stuff, black cut outs with sparkley eyes, I even waiting for the bastards with water and even set the dogs out but the little twats just use my garden as a communal bog. More to the point the dogs treat this as some kind of easter egg hunt...... Most come from the mad cat woman up the hill but one lives next door and is as hard as nails when it comes to dogs. In the wet the lawnmower doesn't even pick them up but just leaves sticky skid marks all over the place and by the time I see the turds it's too late and I've gone over them, the bastards leave them just below the grass like some viscious personnel mine.. Any ideas.

'Mad cat woman' ........ Do you live near @kaz7 ?

Other than that I can't help, well I can but all the cat people go ape at my very sensible suggestions

Everytime I mow the grass there are little piles of cat crap everywhere. I've tried putting up tinsel and stuff, black cut outs with sparkley eyes, I even waiting for the bastards with water and even set the dogs out but the little twats just use my garden as a communal bog. More to the point the dogs treat this as some kind of easter egg hunt...... Most come from the mad cat woman up the hill but one lives next door and is as hard as nails when it comes to dogs. In the wet the lawnmower doesn't even pick them up but just leaves sticky skid marks all over the place and by the time I see the turds it's too late and I've gone over them, the bastards leave them just below the grass like some viscious personnel mine.. Any ideas.

Air rifle

Agreed nothing worse than when your mower hits a pile of cat shit or the grandkids step in it.
I have had some success with mothballs, or spraying diluted jeyes fluid on the grass. My neighbour has spent £200 on sonic devices which he says is helping. I was thinking of putting carpet gripper on my fence panel tops but would probably end up with the numerous cat households where I live kicking off.
Another neighbour laid down toy rubber snakes but that just scares the shit out of the cats.
What I don't get is that if a dog took a crap on my lawn that would be an offence but cats can just wander and take a dump at their will.

Agreed nothing worse than when your mower hits a pile of cat shit or the grandkids step in it.
I have had some success with mothballs, or spraying diluted jeyes fluid on the grass. My neighbour has spent £200 on sonic devices which he says is helping. I was thinking of putting carpet gripper on my fence panel tops but would probably end up with the numerous cat households where I live kicking off.
Another neighbour laid down toy rubber snakes but that just scares the shit out of the cats.
What I don't get is that if a dog took a crap on my lawn that would be an offence but cats can just wander and take a dump at their will.
I think that City v Southampton yesterday may have been worse than a mower hitting a pile of cat shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.