How do you assess our transfer business?

Impossible to assess as its not over
Beat me to it. Exactly what I was thinking.

I have no doubt the hierarchy at the Club know exactly what we need and are working on it.

I would love to see another centre back, a proper left back, cover for Rodri at DM and another striker to cover for and eventually replace Sergio but that’s a long and expensive shopping list. We have to move some players out to raise funds and free up squad space, and we may have to rely on the academy to fill some of the spots.

With Koulibaly I have same feeling as with Bony. Many were adamant on this forum that Bony will be the final piece in the jigshaw.
Like imagine if he scored all those goals at Swansea, how much he will score with Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Navas, Kolarov feeding him.
Turned out to be utter flop.

Could say the same about any transfer to any club.

No similarity between Bony & KK other than they are tranfers.

What do you mean by aggressive in the transfer market?

If you were in charge, what would you do differently and how successful do you think you might be?

Once Pep had identified the players he wanted for the positions that the evidence of the previous season suggested need strengthening, I would pay what it took to persuade the selling club, agent and player to come. No backing down if there is a bidding war, and no baulking at giving a fat greedy agent his cut if that's what it took to get a quality player to improve the first team. Even more so after the CAS victory. We should be untouchable financially.

Similarly, I may try and gazump a couple of rivals; turn the heads of the likes of Kai Havertz and offer him and his agent more than Chelsea did. And go balls deep for Sancho and Haaland. They'd see us right in those positions for the next 5 years at least, wouldn't need to buy anyone in those positions after that for a while. Better to get proper top quality and stay ahead of rivals than just look for half decent squad players then have to do it all again next transfer window and the one after that.

We may not get them all of course, but we should be trying at least. Stars improve our commercial side too, bring in revenue, get some media onside and attract more young fans, get them away from the clutches of Sky's red teams.

Once Pep had identified the players he wanted for the positions that the evidence of the previous season suggested need strengthening, I would pay what it took to persuade the selling club, agent and player to come. No backing down if there is a bidding war, and no baulking at giving a fat greedy agent his cut if that's what it took to get a quality player to improve the first team. Even more so after the CAS victory. We should be untouchable financially.

Similarly, I may try and gazump a couple of rivals; turn the heads of the likes of Kai Havertz and offer him and his agent more than Chelsea did. And go balls deep for Sancho and Haaland. They'd see us right in those positions for the next 5 years at least, wouldn't need to buy anyone in those positions after that for a while. Better to get proper top quality and stay ahead of rivals than just look for half decent squad players then have to do it all again next transfer window and the one after that.

We may not get them all of course, but we should be trying at least. Stars improve our commercial side too, bring in revenue, get some media onside and attract more young fans, get them away from the clutches of Sky's red teams.
I'd rather leave it to the pros then, but thanks for your reply

sO fAr...

cant really assess anything properly till its finished - you dont have all the info/data so little point - it could completely change - like saying you have lost a game at half time if you are 1-0 down

the only point of this thread is for people to moan and panic

in reality the transfers can ONLY be assessed fully once the season is over and the data is there to see how they did

for instance we could buy Messi and koulibaly - everyone says - best transfer window ever. - one or either get injured long term - have a stinker of a season and suddenly it doesnt look good does it

What about Ake?

Our back 4 is strengthened by his signing as he's a very good CB and can also cover LB. Guardiola also mentioned using him at DM. We can't really bring any more in until we have some takers for one or two of the others (preferably Garcia and Otamendi).

Ake definitely strengthens us at left centre back, the problem is our best defender is a left centre back! I'm not sure about him at left back either as I feel he just adds to this list of half-assed options we have there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.