How do you assess our transfer business?

Disappointing to see we’ve missed out on Alex Morgan.
Tbh it's starting to look a bit suspicious how suddenly City get a 1 year loan for two US nationals, then United do, and now Tottenham are on the boat.

I wouldn't be surprised if their FA or whoever is strategically distributing them about for a year to keep them warm.

Tbh it's starting to look a bit suspicious how suddenly City get a 1 year loan for two US nationals, then United do, and now Tottenham are on the boat.

I wouldn't be surprised if their FA or whoever is strategically distributing them about for a year to keep them warm.

Yeah, all doing it for game time ahead of Olympics next summer - I assume their home league is either on hold due to Covid, or on the close season.

Thought we were going to bounce back this Summer with a number of transfers in AND OUT! making a big statement, to really refresh the squad, get rid of the deadwood and really getting everyone excited about us again.

This has not happened!

So far promising, if its all the business we end up doing then a bit disappointing.
Still think we are good enough to win the league if this is what we go with.
I've a feeling there's a few points to prove from our players going into this season.

Currently the best description is insufficient, and bringing in players after the season begins is often not helpful and those players tend to need a season before they settle in. Torres is going to have to be a hell of a good finisher and Ake will have to be a hell of a defender. As it stands I cannot see any great over all improvement on last season...but this season that may be good enough who knows.

I still think your biggest mistake is not to go for Havertz as he would give you an additional plan in attack and at the same time has still enough abilities Pep prefers - even if he is not a Pep-type player. For me he would have been the perfect addition on the 8 to KdB or even as a striker as a plan B to Agüero.

When I look at your squad and the 14 to 16 squad with Pep we had at Bayern I still miss the variability we had then - and that was actually because of player types Pep usually would not have preferred but that he frequently used.

Being a long standing pessimist just imagine 2 games in KDB gets a serious injury and will be out for 5 games or even till after Xmas. Our Season will be gone in that moment. I know he is irreplaceable but we have no one capable of coming close to covering his absence.

If the window closed today I would consider it underwhelming, given the aging of the squad the loss of Sane, Stones falling off a cliff form wise, Otamendi(should have gone last year this year would very much be a year too far)/Fernandinho both a year older and the loss of Silva we are unquestionably no stronger(maybe losing Bravo makes the keepers stronger)

There is nothing we can do about the 10-20 points that the FA will give liverpool and utd again this coming season, but we do need to look into and address our failing dropping 17 points , on the season before. So for me the five main areas of failing are and our expected buys.
Goal keeper minimal change, no impact,
Right back £30 million upgrade Cancelo no impact.
Right center back £70 million on Koulibaly reliability is needed to shore up, he and others can do this, the fourth biggest failing. A big impact
Left center back, £41 million on Ake, back up in cases of injuries, the first biggest failing A big impact
Left back, £9 million Angelino, no sign of putting right this yearly problem, the fifth biggest failing. No impact
Defensive midfield, £60 million Rodri, £50 million Auour the second biggest failing, Little impact
Right wing, £21 million Torres he can play else where but this is his first choice, little impact
Right midfield No impact
Left midfield , No impact
Left wing, injuries led to a right winger playing here, it also led to failing counter attacks and high pressing, the third biggest failing no impact
Striker no impact
It is a bit unfair to blame the attack for the 17 points dropped after scoring 100 + goals again but it is the first line of defence , it is also very unfair to say Auoar or Rodri will not put right last seasons failures, but it was mobility at covering the defence that failed for all the quality these two have the pace needed is not one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.