How do you assess our transfer business?

Improved CB position and that's it.
  • Midfield is considerably weaker without Dave and without someone capable of filling his role in the team.
  • Torres wasn't needed as we have plenty of wingers/players who can play there already.
  • We have players here we don't want(Zin and Stones)
  • We have players who don't want to be here(Garcia)
  • We have legends getting older and less effective or constantly injured.
  • Our loan system continues to be utter shite
You make good points, Torres apart.

With Sane finally leaving we needed a replacement, Sane's injury and subsequent sale was a big blow , a player badly missed last season.

The reason why we didn't go for David Silva's replacement is that we are giving Phil Foden a real opportunity to stake a claim

Last edited:
Improved CB position and that's it.
  • Midfield is considerably weaker without Dave and without someone capable of filling his role in the team.
  • Torres wasn't needed as we have plenty of wingers/players who can play there already.
  • We have players here we don't want(Zin and Stones)
  • We have players who don't want to be here(Garcia)
  • We have legends getting older and less effective or constantly injured.
  • Our loan system continues to be utter shite
Who doesn’t want Stones and Zinchenko

We all knew David Silva was retiring and we knew that Phil Foden was his replacement as we had been informed of that by the manager for two years. Now, because we don't win our first games by at least seven goals, we needed to replace DS. What a load of balls. We replaced Sane, who had barely played, with one of the leading young talents in world football (Golden Boy nominee) yet to some on here he has not been replaced. We also bought two international central defenders, one of whom has been a consistent Premier League performer and one who we have been watching for a year. I find many of the commenters here to be spoilt and glaringly impatient - just look at the comment about Torres on this page following three appearances.

Last edited:
I think we've had a good window. Looking at other clubs this has been a very odd one. The three main buys are all young, experienced internationals that can be a big part of the team for years to come. Torres will be outstanding and even short term will prove to be a much better option than Mahrez. Dias is what we needed and a big improvement on Otamendi and Stones. Ake is versatile and seems to have a great attitude to improve. I also like the look of our new number 2. Ideally we would have have loved a new striker but we will have Sergio and Jesus back soon with the option of seeing if Delap can become a star. In 2021 we can focus on that area with a big budget. Main thing for me is getting Pep sorted - it would not be good to get to Christmas not knowing if he is staying.

Now that all the windows have shut we can asses our transfer business, for me their are three main categories and how they intertwine , players out, players in and positions that caused us to drop 17 points on the season before. out Bravo , Kompany as we did not replace him the year before Otamendi, Angelino, Sane and Silva, a GK, RCB, LCB, LB, LW and a CAM. We brought in a RCB, LCB and a RW we had cover for the GK and CAM so clearly we have done most but not all the business needed,. Positions we failed in last season RCB job done LCB job done LB a worrying patch up, DM a worrying patch up, LW a worrying patch up. of the players bought in Dias will have to bed in but could be a very good buy, Ake is a fantastic buy and Torres is a very good buy albeit not needed at the moment.
So if we have failed it is in the numbers not the quality which may be what decides the EPL, as injuries and Covid reduces squad size

Ake is a lot better than decent and he will surprise a lot of people. The only issue is, is that he’s left footed like Laporte. I think with Stones, and Diaz were sorted at centre back for a long time.

GK and full back positions are sorted, would have preferred another left footed dedicated left back.

Needed a left footed left winger IMO.

I’d have moved Mahrez on.

Want to see Braaf promoted and playing.

We’re a striker light, should have took Wilson from Bournemouth too.
I agree with most of that, except I think we should be looking for better than someone like Wilson to play up front, I do feel we need a LB cover though, as we can put square pegs in round holes all we like, it just results in issues arrising when attacked down that flank.

I will hold out on Ake then for hope that he is better than I think of him and what his prospects are of playing games in the team.

It was nice to get a decent response to one of the posts that get quoted for a reply, instead of the drivel that most put when responding, cheers Bluesteel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.