How do you assess our transfer business?

Why will we need 2 strikers next year ?

Stumbled across Dias ?

Jesus regularly injured ?

I know everyone things Augero is always injured but has that not actually improved recently even though he has got older ?

Delap could have developed in a years time we could have Messi on free by then also plus Augero could extend for another year

So you want us to end up with too many players and have people take even more of a piss when we try and sell?

Two midfielders short ? Three by next summer are you sure ? How do you work that out ?
I really thought my long explanation as well as details might have been enough, anyhow, I will try again.

Stumbled across Dias? Yes, we were chasing Koulibaly and then Kounde all summer before finally settling for him, we were lucky that someone as talented as him was still available when other sides around Europe needed a CB too.....not too mention last summer wasted our time chasing Slabhead, thankfully we lost out on that coup.

Jesus regularly injured? Yes he is, this is the 3rd injury in a little over 11 months, he is not as injury prone as some we have, but he is not one who will start and be available all games that same season either.

Delap and Messi issues, Delap MIGHT have developed, but do you really BELIEVE Pep will opt for playing youth players?, his record in that regard so far is abysmal, why should it change now?, as for Messi, wouldn't he be bought if we were to have him available?

Not too many players no, but enough of sufficient quality that we can put sides like Leeds, West Ham and other shit teams away with ease, or even finish a number of the chances we create, whilst allowing the opposition 3 shots at goal, which they score 1 or 2 of each game.

Two midfielders short if Fernandinho goes yes, because that leaves us with Rodri, Gundogan neither of which are good enough, and Foden, KDB and Bernardo to play 60-65 games during the season and retain the high standards for each game, without injury, suspension, or loss of form, so for me 1x DM, 1x Box-2-Box style and 1x AM are a must to take the workload pressure off the 3 who do offer the team something in the middle of the park, as I think of us as a buying club, so ruling out the likes of Cole Palmer, Tommy Doyle or anybody else.

That is how I work that out.

I really thought my long explanation as well as details might have been enough, anyhow, I will try again.

Stumbled across Dias? Yes, we were chasing Koulibaly and then Kounde all summer before finally settling for him, we were lucky that someone as talented as him was still available when other sides around Europe needed a CB too.....not too mention last summer wasted our time chasing Slabhead, thankfully we lost out on that coup.

Jesus regularly injured? Yes he is, this is the 3rd injury in a little over 11 months, he is not as injury prone as some we have, but he is not one who will start and be available all games that same season either.

Delap and Messi issues, Delap MIGHT have developed, but do you really BELIEVE Pep will opt for playing youth players?, his record in that regard so far is abysmal, why should it change now?, as for Messi, wouldn't he be bought if we were to have him available?

Not too many players no, but enough of sufficient quality that we can put sides like Leeds, West Ham and other shit teams away with ease, or even finish a number of the chances we create, whilst allowing the opposition 3 shots at goal, which they score 1 or 2 of each game.

Two midfielders short if Fernandinho goes yes, because that leaves us with Rodri, Gundogan neither of which are good enough, and Foden, KDB and Bernardo to play 60-65 games during the season and retain the high standards for each game, without injury, suspension, or loss of form, so for me 1x DM, 1x Box-2-Box style and 1x AM are a must to take the workload pressure off the 3 who do offer the team something in the middle of the park, as I think of us as a buying club, so ruling out the likes of Cole Palmer, Tommy Doyle or anybody else.

That is how I work that out.
You'll get a couple of marks for showing your workings I suppose.

I take it you’ve not heard of the 17 + 4 squad rules. . FFP , covid, no fans things
Or remember our worst summer window Cook oversaw ?
I have heard of them rules yes.

FFP is a farce, we are the only club in this country that bothers with and adhears to it, yet we are the ones who get punnished, we should do what all the rest do and ignore it, what is the worst they can do?, ban us from the pathetic CL?...oh well, no harm done there......also UEFA (that bent organisation) stated that FFP would be relaxed this summer due to Covid, and as such it enabled sides to spend whatever they felt they could afford and want to.

No fans is a blow, and stupid still that no fans are allowed in stadiums, when they have them in other sporting arenas around the globe, but that is costing sides lots of money yes, hence why FFP rules have been scrapped for this year.....we still have 2x foriegn slots available as well.

I cannot remember the worst window Cook oversaw, but it must be the one where Kolo Toure, Gareth Barry, Emanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott, Carlos Tevez etc all rocked up in 2009/10 season, as the next one was the best this club has ever had since HRH Sheikh Mansour arrived, seeing us bring in the likes of Silva, Yaya Toure, Kolarov, Boateng, Milner, Balotelli and then later that year Edin Dzeko.....as the next one (his final one before he left) saw us attract the likes of Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri and Sergio Aguero to the fold, so hardly a bad window then either, when all 3 of them played major roles in us winning our first League Title, or did you mean his very first one in 2008/09 season when he helped the club acquire the likes of Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Craig Bellamy, Shay Given and Nigel de Jong amongst a list where, we also got Tal Ben-Haim and Wayne Bridge........you will have to let me know which is worst one is?.

He left in September 2011 by the way, so if your going to be blaming him for the signings AFTER winning that title, then that falls at Marwood's door, all after that is the latest clown of a DoF we have.

I would take Garry Cook's worst window and shopping spree experience ahead of Txiki's best any day of the week

FFP is a farce, we are the only club in this country that bothers with and adhears to it, yet we are the ones who get punnished, we should do what all the rest do and ignore it, what is the worst they can do?, ban us from the pathetic CL?...oh well, no harm done there......also UEFA (that bent organisation) stated that FFP would be relaxed this summer due to Covid, and as such it enabled sides to spend whatever they felt they could afford and want to.

No fans is a blow, and stupid still that no fans are allowed in stadiums, when they have them in other sporting arenas around the globe, but that is costing sides lots of money yes, hence why FFP rules have been scrapped for this year.....we still have 2x foriegn slots available as well.

I cannot remember the worst window Cook oversaw, but it must be the one where Kolo Toure, Gareth Barry, Emanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott, Carlos Tevez etc all rocked up in 2009/10 season, as the next one was the best this club has ever had since HRH Sheikh Mansour arrived, seeing us bring in the likes of Silva, Yaya Toure, Kolarov, Boateng, Milner, Balotelli and then later that year Edin Dzeko.....as the next one (his final one before he left) saw us attract the likes of Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri and Sergio Aguero to the fold, so hardly a bad window then either, when all 3 of them played major roles in us winning our first League Title, or did you mean his very first one in 2008/09 season when he helped the club acquire the likes of Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Craig Bellamy, Shay Given and Nigel de Jong amongst a list where, we also got Tal Ben-Haim and Wayne Bridge........you will have to let me know which is worst one is?.

He left in September 2011 by the way, so if your going to be blaming him for the signings AFTER winning that title, then that falls at Marwood's door, all after that is the latest clown of a DoF we have.

I would take Garry Cook's worst window and shopping spree experience ahead of Txiki's best any day of the week
Such a ridiculous post from start to finish but can't be arsed going over the old ground to explain why.

So far this season... mixed. I like Dias. Ake is valuable. But we've massive holes at LB, need a good attacking RB, need an aggressive, fast, ball-winning holding mid as an alternative to Rodri, need a successor to Aguero, failed to shift players who aren't making the cut... but COVID-19 and the strange window makes this a one-off.

I'll punt and give this window a grade of Incomplete.

Last edited:
I agree with most of that, except I think we should be looking for better than someone like Wilson to play up front, I do feel we need a LB cover though, as we can put square pegs in round holes all we like, it just results in issues arrising when attacked down that flank.

I will hold out on Ake then for hope that he is better than I think of him and what his prospects are of playing games in the team.

It was nice to get a decent response to one of the posts that get quoted for a reply, instead of the drivel that most put when responding, cheers Bluesteel.
Wilson is English and probably would have been happy to sit on the bench or not even be on the bench, I wasn’t advocating him ever being anything other than 3rd choice.

Trumplike arguments

So far this season... mixed. I like Dias. Ake is valuable. But we've massive holes at LB, need a good attacking RB, need an aggressive, fast, ball-winning holding mid as an alternative to Rodri, need a successor to Aguero, failed to shift players who aren't making the cut... but COVID-19 and the strange window makes this a one-off.

I'll punt and give this window a grade of Incomplete.

"Need a good attacking RB"? Walker is in the form of his life and Cancelo is doing what all players do in year 2 with Pep, showing his quality?

No mention of Torres who is currently looking the steal of the year?

Which world class striker would join to sit on the bench behind Aguero and Jesus? We have two strikers to one position - we will need a successor to Aguero but only when we know if and when he is leaving.

"Need a good attacking RB"? Walker is in the form of his life and Cancelo is doing what all players do in year 2 with Pep, showing his quality?

No mention of Torres who is currently looking the steal of the year?

Which world class striker would join to sit on the bench behind Aguero and Jesus? We have two strikers to one position - we will need a successor to Aguero but only when we know if and when he is leaving.
Torres could well be a £100 million player in the next few years if he carry’s on the way he is going . Ruban Dias is the quality centre back we wanted and should have got last year . I think he was always first choice tbh . Nathan ake is a very good covering defender for our main two so he window for buying has turned out well apart from the left back position which should have been dealt with . My issue is with not moving certain players on such as stones and zinchenko whovare not good enough to be in a team to chase Liverpool down .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.