How do you assess our transfer business?

MillsyTheMosher

With the season starting tomorrow we have thus far added Ake and Ferran. Both seem very astute signings at good fees.

TBH I am disappointed as I did think by this stage KK would be done and I thought we would add at least one of either :

a)proven goalscorer
b)proper left back
c)centre mid to challenge/replace gundogan

All in all with the season starting tomorrow I’m very disappointed in Txiki thus far. Still time to change that of course.

There is time to go in the window I wonder how much jostling for Messi derailed us
I will assess it at the end
Following lockdown we were decent in the league
Even with potential injuries to Silva and Covid for Mahrez and Laporte also the Foden issues we should have enough to keep pace until the window shuts
Hopefully by then we will have added 1 or 2
So I will judge it then
There is only really Chelsea that have done better so far

If I was a teacher, Txiki would get a grade of I for “Incomplete.”

Wake me up in 2 weeks, and let’s see if I can update the grade.

With the season starting tomorrow we have thus far added Ake and Ferran. Both seem very astute signings at good fees.

TBH I am disappointed as I did think by this stage KK would be done and I thought we would add at least one of either :

a)proven goalscorer
b)proper left back
c)centre mid to challenge/replace gundogan

All in all with the season starting tomorrow I’m very disappointed in Txiki thus far. Still time to change that of course.
Ever considered that Pep doesn't want anyone for those positions?

We haven’t really done anything to address the most serious issues. As of this moment, it’s a failure no matter how you look at it. We go into this season weaker (on paper) than we entered the previous.

Great start, one sensible signing and one very exciting signing, since then, very underwhelming.

Still time to change but I sense the club's outlook on transfers has changed, Pep's contract position?, Covid? Who knows.

Let's hope we have a busy September in's and out's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.