How do you assess our transfer business?

Being a long standing pessimist just imagine 2 games in KDB gets a serious injury and will be out for 5 games or even till after Xmas. Our Season will be gone in that moment. I know he is irreplaceable but we have no one capable of coming close to covering his absence.
In fairness Bernardo deputised for him well when we won the domestic quadruple. Kev is in a league of his own but we have plenty of other players who can create chances.

My main worry is that Aguero aside we haven’t got anyone who can regularly put them in the back of the net. If he doesn’t recover well from this injury or gets injured again it will likely be the same issue over and over again with Jesus and Sterling fluffing chance after chance in key games. Plus we haven’t been solid at the back either and I haven’t got much faith in our right-sided centre backs.

The main issue as I see it is.. it isn’t who we can buy it’s who we can sell. Clubs are scared to spend as no bums on seats means lost revenue, lots of uncertainty about if or when fans will be able to go to games making clubs very nervous about chancing anything with long term financial implications. Then there’s players, some of whom along with their families won’t want to move in such uncertain times. Finally in light of all that there is a squad to maintain. I actually wonder if we have deals in place but not announced so that wheels can turn and some can leave before other come in.

6/10. Possibly rising to 7.5/10 after KK or Dayot.

Rising to 8.5 if we somehow snag Houar.

3.5/10 if we stick with Stones / Garcia / Nico.

Why do people wish for injuries on players?
Either way injuries are bad luck and can happen any time but that doesn't mean we end up having there squads, no team has that.

As for Tansfer window, with a new CB it will be a good one.

Just bcoz others have brought big doesn't mean we do too just for the sake of it

Need a decent CB , DM and striker hopefully all improvements on the current squad.

Condensed season will only place more pressure on our injury prone players and injuries in general.

We need a succession plan for Ferny and Kun in this window or the next.

We still haven't obtained a successor for VK which is disappointing.

Ake is a brilliant player, always impressed me watching him, I think he’ll start with Laporte.

Torres I nothing about other than YouTube, I assume he’ll be playing on the left, doubt he’s better than Sane.

Foden/Bernardo replace Silva by both playing more games.

Ake is a brilliant player, always impressed me watching him, I think he’ll start with Laporte.

Torres I nothing about other than YouTube, I assume he’ll be playing on the left, doubt he’s better than Sane.

Foden/Bernardo replace Silva by both playing more games.

leroy was at his best in the centurion season when he had space to use his pace in behind where Kev can find him with them special passes? Since then teams sit so much deeper the space isn’t there and Torres seems better dribbling in tighter areas than Leroy was? Hopefully that will help against the wall of players we face every week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.