How do you assess our transfer business?

I can not understand this. It is clear that we need at least another 2-3 players to compete for the title. There have been reports that City are willing to spend Big Time this summer, 300 million, Leo Messi. Will we end the summer with Ake, Dias and Torres? If you take into account the sale of Sane,Otamendi and Angelinio- we barely spent money this summer. What are we waiting for? We need another left back, a midfielder and also a striker in my opinion. If the summer ends with 3 signings in total it will be a very disappointing transfer window
I think they believe that Covid is going to depress the transfer market once the financial impact of match day revenues is felt. I'd be surprised if transfer fees haven't taken a massive hit by this time next year. It's the only explanation I can think of in terms of how this window has been managed.

We had a bunch of experienced players that bled blue up until a couple of seasons back,we are now left with Aguero,KDB and Dinho.I feel many are just not on our wavelength,they don't have that special connection and it occasionally let's us down as a result.I think we have lost an element of team spirit,so whether we have to look to the academy or go down the route of cash,again.......we need to find a solution,and fast.

We had a bunch of experienced players that bled blue up until a couple of seasons back,we are now left with Aguero,KDB and Dinho.I feel many are just not on our wavelength,they don't have that special connection and it occasionally let's us down as a result.I think we have lost an element of team spirit,so whether we have to look to the academy or go down the route of cash,again.......we need to find a solution,and fast.

I agree with your general point here but I think Walker, Bernardo and De Bruyne could be considered to be in the same mould, if not quite at the same level of connection yet.

I agree with your general point here but I think Walker, Bernardo and De Bruyne could be considered to be in the same mould, if not quite at the same level of connection yet.
Yep,i mentioned Kev and maybe your right with Silva,he seems to have taken us to his heart.Walker always gives his all,but i dont think its because of the shirt.

This is bollocks. Eddie/Laporte/Kdb/bernado/Walker/Jesus/Foden off the top of my head. All are city. What we lack is a leader. How we haven’t replaced Vinny is beyond me. I think we need an arsehole. Someone who gives it out.

I’d say a solid 7/10 and if we get a good LB before the window closes 8/10

Ake & Dias are In my view solid young players with potential (I was hoping for KK as I think he‘s immense but given his age I get That the figures just didn’t add up)

Torres seem a really good prospect but realistically i think it’s probably 2 season before he’s a first team player.

I would have liked to have seen a genuine DM to take over from Fernandino as I don’t think Rodri Is that man, that said he deserves a second season to prove himself As his first Season wasn’t bad

i do think we’ll struggle this year without cover for Aguero (I like Jesus but he doesn’t lead the line well enough And Aguero injury record is poor so we need cover) but realistically we’d only be looking for a year loan and finding a suitable player was always going to be a challenge.

I assume we have identified Haaland for next summer given he‘ll be available for €75m euros Release clause (given he supported us as a kid & his father played for us hopefully we’ll have a good chance), maybe add to him Messi and we we Were never going to blow £100m+ on a cf this year.

i would have like to have seen us recruit a LB as yes Ake can act as cover But we lack a genuine quality LB. Mendy can do a job against the bottom half teams when his Attacking qualities can be utilised but when he’s called onto defend Against the top team he’s Found lacking.

i think we’ll have challenges this year with young players Developing (Foden, Torres) a defensive unit knitting together And injury prone strikers however given the current climate we’ve not overpaid, our accounting spend should be very low So we go into the next 2/3 windows in a really strong position.

We’d all like big signing today but with FFP calculated over the next 2 seasons we are in a real strong position To make the signingS we need to challenge realistically on all four fronts, I think we have a 2/3 year plan and we may have decided to sacrifice this windows for future windows.

Personally I’d rather Haaland next summer than fill the spot with Martinez this summer as haaland has something really really special about him.

Last edited:
I know people are having a knee-jerk reaction from the last game's embarrassment. But I actually think our window has been solid. If we've not had half the injuries we're dealing with and a had proper pre-season, we wouldn't be as depleted.

Dias and Ake are both young and exciting CBs who would battle an already competent Laporte and a resurging Stones. And Torres just might be the most underrated signing of this window. Sure he started out slow, but we all know he's quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.