How do you assess our transfer business?

You are basing your argument on quantity instead of quality, Liverpool have a smaller squad BUT their starting 11 is stronger.
If injuries don't hit, and I think they will for all teams is their 11 and bench stronger than

Ederson Walker ?????( lets guess Koulibaly) Laporte Ake
Rodri Bernardo
KDB
Torres Aguero Sterling

Steffen Cancelo Stones Gundogan Foden Mahrez Jesus Fernandinho

IMO as an 18 no it isn't.

Wasn't Laporte fit for the start of last season? I don't know why you assume that our luck will just play out better this season. Perhaps our key players do stay fit all season, but perhaps we suffer worse injuries than last season. I guess that I base my expectations around what we did last season and what we have done subsequently to address those issues (not much).
Wow, do you really believe that? We had 2 main injuries last season, Laporte and Sane. Guess what, we have gone out and bought two players very good players who play in those exact positions.

Wow, do you really believe that? We had 2 main injuries last season, Laporte and Sane. Guess what, we have gone out and bought two players very good players who play in those exact positions.

I don't think we failed to challenge last season just because of injuries. We were clearly weak at LB, RCB and CDM. Fernandinho isn't about to return to his form of two seasons ago. Zinchenko isn't suddenly going to develop legs. The statue of Gundogan isn't going to come to life. We lost arguably our best ever player in Silva and we still haven't replaced Kompany (who carried the team over the line the season before last).

would be better if Zin, Ota, Stones, Gundogan had been sold and a proper LB, right sided CB, athletic CM and genuine left footed winger had come in, as well as Torres. Would probably have meant Mahrez out as well but oh well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.