How do you assess our transfer business?

We're finishing 21st. We haven't signed a single player and we play our first game this week.

Why has nothing been done about it? No point getting the whole structure of the club in place to then entice the world's best manager then ignoring his advice on what team he needs.

It's clear the board want the CL but then don't stump up for the players of the quality required. The frustrating thing is it wouldn't need a huge number of new signings, just two or three top notch ones integrated into our already very good first team would give us a much better chance at winning the title and CL than scratching around for players below £50m. It's not like we're a low income club; those with less resources than us manage to sign £70m+ players. If that is what it takes to really improve then that's what we need to do, for the right player.

We've done well previously because we had players like Vinny, Merlin and Yaya, and Fern and Kun in their prime. Now we've lost that, squad fillers like Torres and Gundogan, Rodri, Cancelo, etc need better players around them. Haaland, Sancho, Koulibaly level players. Havertz, Thiago, Bale would all have been cracking signings. We didn't even bother. Seems like we fought UEFA for nothing. Very frustrating.

Good post, fellow Blue, but I think Torres is going to be awesome for us!

Why has nothing been done about it? No point getting the whole structure of the club in place to then entice the world's best manager then ignoring his advice on what team he needs.

It's clear the board want the CL but then don't stump up for the players of the quality required. The frustrating thing is it wouldn't need a huge number of new signings, just two or three top notch ones integrated into our already very good first team would give us a much better chance at winning the title and CL than scratching around for players below £50m. It's not like we're a low income club; those with less resources than us manage to sign £70m+ players. If that is what it takes to really improve then that's what we need to do, for the right player.

We've done well previously because we had players like Vinny, Merlin and Yaya, and Fern and Kun in their prime. Now we've lost that, squad fillers like Torres and Gundogan, Rodri, Cancelo, etc need better players around them. Haaland, Sancho, Koulibaly level players. Havertz, Thiago, Bale would all have been cracking signings. We didn't even bother. Seems like we fought UEFA for nothing. Very frustrating.

Very good post, i am totally in agreement.

You have articulated it perfectly. The players we are buying, Ake and Torres are squad fillers.

What we need to challenge the likes of Liverpool in the Premier League and Bayern in the CL are statement signings that will walk straight into the first 11 and hit the ground running and completely change the mentality within the football club. Look at what someone like Bruno Fernandes has done to a club like the Rags. He has waltzed in and got every single player around him playing to a much higher level. This is the influence top quality players can bring. They inspire confidence throughout the squad.

Our mentality in europe is weak, we just don't believe in ourselves and judging off Pep's tactics over the past 3 seasons or so, neither does he. If Pep had all the tools at his disposal and we had more big characters and match winners in the dressing room, we would be raring to go on all fronts this season.

You don’t happen to be Khaldoon, do you?
Don’t have to be khaldoon to see what’s coming mate . If I’m wrong I’ll gladly hold my hands up but pep is saying what he said last season that we will probably go into the season with what we have .

Very good post, i am totally in agreement.

You have articulated it perfectly. The players we are buying, Ake and Torres are squad fillers.

What we need to challenge the likes of Liverpool in the Premier League and Bayern in the CL are statement signings that will walk straight into the first 11 and hit the ground running and completely change the mentality within the football club. Look at what someone like Bruno Fernandes has done to a club like the Rags. He has waltzed in and got every single player around him playing to a much higher level. This is the influence top quality players can bring. They inspire confidence throughout the squad.

Our mentality in europe is weak, we just don't believe in ourselves and judging off Pep's tactics over the past 3 seasons or so, neither does he. If Pep had all the tools at his disposal and we had more big characters and match winners in the dressing room, we would be raring to go on all fronts this season.
I don’t get how we are doing our business tbh because Since the centurions summer signings we have hardly done any business at all . Mahrez Rodri and cancelo in 4 windows is not good enough for a team that aspires to be up there with the best n the world .even spurs have come in wth Gareth bale who will by the way be great for them . App our budget was £200-£300 million depending on who you listen to you . We sold sane for around £55 mill and have spent £62 million on 2 players to replace what have gone . We knew after 4 games last season that we didn’t have a leader on that pitch and our defence was nowhere near good enough but we haven’t addressed this apart from ake who is now probably gonna after be our saviour at the back with Laporte and hopefully both go all season without an injury . So in theory we will have just under probably £200 million locked away for maybe next summer when all this starts again . And we actually think we have a chance of mpappe coming to us . That is my opinion and I know a lot of people will not agree.

He’ll be fit after Wolves but will inevitably get injured again.

Two months after the Wolves game! A striker is as important as a centre half now, at 32 and his recent injuries Sergio can only be expected to be available for half a season and Jesus can't cover on his own.

He’ll be fit after Wolves but will inevitably get injured again.
2 months after. Aguero has served this team impeccably but this should be his send off season. We're invariably without him for a 2 month stretch as is of late but that he's starting the season 2 months out means he'll undoubtedly serve another 2+ month spell somewhere down the line later this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.