How do you cope with nerves during a big game at home

easy, when we are playing at home i set the volume so that the volume number has a higher figure at the beginning ie 20 = 2-0 home win
and the opposite when we are away ie 1-9 = away win

it calms me down lol :)

I tend not to bother watching us these days, and my nerves thank me for it. I've taken up crocheting as a hobby. Currently working on a duvet cover. That's what I'll probably be at tomorrow afternoon.

Now it's watching it on TV I find I switch channels,turn the sound down, put the match thread on and walk around. I go back and check the match thread. If it's jumped significantly I know something's happened. I fearfully open the latest thread and if we've scored quickly switch back to the game. I can't relax until we are 3-0 up even with our improved defence. Too scarred from the old days I guess lol.
I thought it was just me! Don’t watch and potter about for 2 hours. Go on You Tube for a bit watching music videos and always the same ones just before full time. Keep F5ing the match thread at the same time to see if jumping significantly. Insane but less stressful than watching it. Also mute all my social media groups so no notifications during the game!

Put a fiver on the opponent, usually get great odds, then check my online balance when the match should have ended. If the balance hasn’t changed happy days.

I thought it was just me! Don’t watch and potter about for 2 hours. Go on You Tube for a bit watching music videos and always the same ones just before full time. Keep F5ing the match thread at the same time to see if jumping significantly. Insane but less stressful than watching it. Also mute all my social media groups so no notifications during the game!

I do watch for a while but if it's a tight game the nerves start to kick in. It's odd really as I have a season ticket so I am at games but it's different being there with others and getting behind the lads.

Years ago when we were shit it was just a day out and a bonus if we won but if we are competing for the title, as we normally are now, it can be torture.

I used to get nervous for big games, don’t so much anymore.
I still fucking hate derby day though, that sick feeling is still there no matter how well we’re playing.
QPR was maybe the turning point.
I woke up that morning calm as you like (unusual), at the ground, cool, calm, collective.
1-0 yep we’ve got this.
2-1 still calm, we’ve got this.
85 minutes onwards, anger and far from calm : )
The nerves have gone pretty much, odd game here and there, not so much a big game as just a feeling I have on the day.
I still get annoyed when we’re playing badly, can’t help myself, more so if we’re not really trying.

I tend not to bother watching us these days, and my nerves thank me for it. I've taken up crocheting as a hobby. Currently working on a duvet cover. That's what I'll probably be at tomorrow afternoon.
Blue and white ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.