How do you cope with nerves during a big game at home

Get nervous every game just in the genes Cityitus I think its called

Have to sit in the same chair and no one says a fucking word to me while the game is on, God forbid any of them do.

Can't eat or drink during the game as I never did when at the ground
This is exactly how I used to be too!

Getting a bit excited now so long walk with the mutt, little trip to see kids and a bacon butty should keep me level until about 2 then i'll let the beer take the strain.

I hate watching us on the TV, i get so wound up, much prefer to be at the game, for some reason i am more relaxed actually attending the game. My wife says i am a maniac, and never watches the game with me, i swear at everything, and like others get wound up. Unless we get a second goal i am on pins, i find it so difficult watching on TV ???. Cannot wait to get back to City and being in the Stadium.
I often get reminded when i cant sleep the night before a big game that im not actually playing. Watching at home alone will never compare to meeting the lads in the pub, a few beers, going to the game and then back to the pub for more beers. On a "normal" matchday in the stadium it sometimes feels like being against the clock to get anything that needs doing done before heading out. Now just need to turn TV on at KO time.

I hate watching us on the TV, i get so wound up, much prefer to be at the game, for some reason i am more relaxed actually attending the game. My wife says i am a maniac, and never watches the game with me, i swear at everything, and like others get wound up. Unless we get a second goal i am on pins, i find it so difficult watching on TV ???. Cannot wait to get back to City and being in the Stadium.
This is absolutely me too. It’s far more relaxing at the game - well pre VAR it was anyway. Hate watching on tv. I think it’s because you can’t see everything that’s happening eg covering defensive runs off screen etc. Still dreaming of times we can get back in the ground

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.