How do you cope with nerves during a big game at home

Bottle it all up. If it's an evening match I try not to look at anything until around 3pm but I couldn't help it and started on my lunch. Not a productive afternoon. Stop start every 30 minutes, nightmare really. Bluemoon is a doesn't help!

Terribly.. drink heavily and literally spend half time on the toilet (sorry for the detail).

It's a lot easier when you're in the stadium surrounded by fellow blues because whatever the result you suffer or celebrate together.
Watching the match on TV you only see what the producer wants you to see not the whole scope of the game unfolding on the pitch. Your only supporters are the commentators who are usually the opposing fans or Mrs Hoghead, who to be fair, is normally shouting at the TV at the absurdity of the commentators or looking at cute kittens on Facebook.
Watching on TV is pretty souless and I tend to get up and hide behind the settee when the match ain't going well.
When I'm at the game - not so tense because I can see us in control. On tv against the elite, slightly twitchy because I can't see the whole pitch.

Bet on us to lose. At least if I know I’ll win some money it calms me down a bit.

Still fucking livid about Leeds and tonight though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.