How do you cope with nerves during a big game at home

After Leeds
S7eV.gif

After Dortmund
f7568206037c9f9c1e7f8a7c883e075e.gif

More nervous today than I’ve been for a good long while. Felt like a hoodoo game!

On vacation, so went into TV room, closed door, turned fan on high, had a Coke Zero in first half, another in second half (was driving for dinner immediately after game!) and shouted at the TV for 94 minutes every time we wasted a pass, missed an opportunity, they scored, etc!

And, twice I got to shout “Get the fuck in!” at the top of my lungs and probably scare a few codgers in the condo complex!!!

Mrs ChicagoBlue stayed out of my way for the 2hrs, but I knew she’d checked the score before coming in, because she danced in with a big smile on her face!!!

She said she wasn’t sure of the score because at HT when I went out for the second half Coke Zero, I’d told her it was 1-0, and we were losing 2-2 on away goals. She said she hadn’t heard my shouting in the second half, so was a bit concerned!

That made me feel a bit better about some of my language during the game! I guess the concrete walls in this place block quite a lot of expletives!!!

It was a very relieved Mrs CB, knowing we were going out for dinner right after the game. It might have been a quiet one, with no patience for small talk if we’d gone out and played badly! As it was, no need for nerves as there were at least 4, possibly 6, MOTM performances and none of them were Ederson!

I am zero fun to watch big matches with, I always expect to lose. I don't flip out here but I don't cope with challenges well. I think that is why I prefer the PL to everything else because luck doesn't play into it as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.