How do you feel about our success - Old Blues?

I'm 49 and i'm gutted.I fuckin' hate it.
I'd rather be languishing down in division 3 or dragging
my 7yr old son over to eastlands to watch Samaras, Dabo and
Darius Vassell.
It has to stop imo, it just isn't City anymore.

kiam06 said:
Don't want to piss on your parade but what success?

broken-eggsb.jpg

Well done. But it is coming.

FA Cup though. ;)

Birmingham won the Carling Cup last year.

We need to stop thinking weve achieved anything when we have not and post this thread again in ten years when hopefully we have otherwise it's embarrassing.

FA Cup though. ;)[/quote]

Yes; in an ideal world, we'd win the league with a team of eleven local lads who all came through the academy. But we all know that isn't going to happen at any club any time soon. I'll take it anyway we can get it right now; fuck what fans of every other club thinks.

its werid for one, as i guess all us vets are waiting for the fuck up, always seems to happen at city, i remember we went through managers like water, but nothing, same old city we cried.
used to remember screaming at players from kippax as was most, never came home with a voice. but we still kept the faith, didnt matter whether was divsion 1 or 2 we still turned out in droves.

we will get used to the new city, but the old city still has a special place in my heart, cause thick or think, well mostly thick, we were all blue at heart.

new city will take some getting used too, but even if it all fell apart again, i would still be there supporting and always will

I'll tell you how I feel when we are successful. As it stands, we won the FA Cup last year, are still in the Europa League (after being knocked out of the Champions League) and are in a good position to win the Premier League. Let's get some more silverware first!

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Ken Mulhearn was goalie in our last title winning side and he was also 'bought' from Stockport in a deal which sent Alan Ogley the other way. Harry Dowd played in the Cup Winning side the following season.

I rated Alan Ogley he was a good stopper, once saw him make a brilliant save at Maine Road where he almost did a backwards summersault to tip the ball over the bar after a 35yrd piledriver.

Ken must have spent a fortune on Brylcreme, he had less hairs out of place than Mrs Thatcher........lol!

Harry was best of the bunch though.

Here since 60/61... Fifty-one years of watching the Blues - Every season is a new adventure and has it's ups and downs. I've seen great GREAT players, I've seen some not so great players. I've ooh'd, I've aah'd, laughed and cried - I had an inflatable banana and knew how to use it.

How do I feel about our success... Exactly the same as I did when I ran on the pitch at St James's Park in 1968. Supporting Man City? Whatever your age, it's a blast!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.