How do you get rid of a vrius?

Originals

Think my misus's laptop has a virus.

How the fuck do I get rid of it if it doesn't let me do fuck all.

there are certain free antivirus programs like AVG that lets you scan in DOS mode (through a boot disk created by the antivirus) or in the Safe Mode if you can access it.So i suggest you start off with that and see if the virus is removed.

I got through to the desktop and got on the vaio recovery.

Restored back to factory settings then it was fine, installed all the windows updates and now its fucked it up AGAIN.

On a different computer now, gave it a scan and found several viruses. On Safe mode at the moment trying to find and delete them not sure if it will happen though.

Originals said:
I got through to the desktop and got on the vaio recovery.

Restored back to factory settings then it was fine, installed all the windows updates and now its fucked it up AGAIN.

On a different computer now, gave it a scan and found several viruses. On Safe mode at the moment trying to find and delete them not sure if it will happen though.
If you are not sure format the harddrive and reinstall windows. You may shout "OH YEAH F#CK RIGHT OFF" by now, but a.) you don't know how it got on the laptop b.) you don't know what the virus has done so far (downloading and installing more stuff in the background f.e.), so c.) you can't be sure if you have removed everything even though you don't find anything with several av programs.

you go here and scan for free:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eset.com/online-scanner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eset.com/online-scanner</a>

Its free and removes virtually everything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.