How Excited are you for this Coming Season?

The thing is, it's not just about supporting City any more. It's also about constant un-supporting our loathsome competitors.
It’s this part of it that I struggle with! Last season was as unenjoyable season as I can remember for the most ridiculous reasons. The constant bollocks on the internet and in the press and on Sky made me want to give it up. Got to the point where I didn’t watch any football other than City and if I wasn’t at the game I had to watch it without the commentary on.

Sounds as though I’m not on my own from looking at this thread.

Looking forward to seeing City this year especially De Bruyne, not really looking forward to the whole shebang that comes with it!

Come on City!

I’m not overly excited. I’m still enjoying the break.

What we achieved last year was fantastic and let’s face it, we didn’t get much credit and we are just there to be kicked and discredited.

So this season, unless we win all trophies on offer, we will be dreamed as failures in the media. They can’t wait for us to falter in anyway.

I miss watching our lads play near perfect football don’t get me wrong, but at the minute I’m happy just relaxing before the emotional roller coaster starts all over again.

The thing is, it's not just about supporting City any more. It's also about constant un-supporting our loathsome competitors.

Excellent point. Not entirely sure what it should be attributed to, but the narrative here during last season often seemed to change from us winning the league to us stopping Liverpool from winning the league. The media coverage undoubtedly fed into that mindset, but I think collectively we could do more to avoid falling into that trap. It’s not worth the angst and detracts from enjoying our wonderful players playing wonderful football.

It’s this part of it that I struggle with! Last season was as unenjoyable season as I can remember for the most ridiculous reasons. The constant bollocks on the internet and in the press and on Sky made me want to give it up. Got to the point where I didn’t watch any football other than City and if I wasn’t at the game I had to watch it without the commentary on.

Looking forward to seeing City this year especially De Bruyne, not really looking forward to the whole shebang that comes with it!

Come on City!

This is right and trying to tarnish our enjoyment is all they have left now that we are the best team English football has ever seen.

That's why I'm not going to allow it. I've weaned myself off Talkshite, I don't do social media apart from Bluemoon, I don't watch SSN and I watch the away games on Sky or BT with the sound off and don't watch the punditry. Similarly, I never discuss football with United or Liverpool fans i.e. at work. Whilst I'd love not to have to do all those things, I'm happier for it.

Nevertheless, things like FFP, the single most corrupt development in the history of football do suck me in and, since we're the object of it, is unavoidable. I'm hoping that next season it will be put to bed forever as far as we're concerned one way or the other. I suspect not though.

Come on City!
I echo every word of that

My vow for the coming season is to entirely stay away from any press, radio, tv and social media in relation to my beloved Man City. I'm just gonna go to the games, stuff myself with 90 minutes of joy or pain and then catch up on Breaking Bad on the journey back and forth. If I happen have to watch a game on TV because I cannot get to the game, then I will turn off the sound. There is not a single journo or commentator that does not make my ears bleed with their self-indulgent rhetoric biased bollocks. Roll on the season, roll off the noise..........

My vow for the coming season is to entirely stay away from any press, radio, tv and social media in relation to my beloved Man City. I'm just gonna go to the games, stuff myself with 90 minutes of joy or pain and then catch up on Breaking Bad on the journey back and forth. If I happen have to watch a game on TV because I cannot get to the game, then I will turn off the sound. There is not a single journo or commentator that does not make my ears bleed with their self-indulgent rhetoric biased bollocks. Roll on the season, roll off the noise..........

Live games ,ManCity.com,BMF & tv matches with the sound off.

What more does a city fan need ?

Living the dream.

I can't wait,not sure we can win the title again but it'll be fun/stressful trying
If you don't love what we are now you will never love it

Watching City has never been so easy. We are that good.

However, most home games are now the same, watching us systematically breakdown 10 men behind the ball.

It isn't as exciting for me as when I was growing up watching us at Maine Road, where you had no clue what would happen. Would we be awesome, or would we get decimated?

Could we stay up? Could we finish top half? Every game was unknown. Now, not so much.

Therefore, I would conclude that I loved watching City when we were random. Love is irrational. It's about the passion, excitement etc.

Now we are expected to win, even by our own fans, who get frustrated if we aren't winning after half an hour.

There is less passion in football now. It's more of a business. It's sanitised.

Everything is over-hyped. From stats to social media bantz.

Football is still great and I really enjoy going, but a lot of it's soul was lost through TV coverage, subsequent money and social media. (I accept the irony of me posting this on a SM platform).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.