How far off is a European Super League?

I don't really see how the clubs benefit. If anything the elite clubs lose value and prestige becoming the mid-tablers of a super league.

It wouldn't be sustainable to keep marketing games that are effectively 15th against 12th rather than the cream of their domestic leagues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

£££££££££££`s
No i appreciate that, and I've always enjoyed your financial insight on the forum but really who would create the extra incentive of profit and more important how could they protect the brand identity of the league as a whole if it was a closed club and of individual clubs if they are consistently finishing lower.

I just can't believe the Real Madrid for example would benefit long term for a system that saw them finish outside the top 6 for a few years.

Surely the new CL changes are actually appeasing protection against a super league than a Trojan horse into it.

I don't really see how the clubs benefit. If anything the elite clubs lose value and prestige becoming the mid-tablers of a super league.

It wouldn't be sustainable to keep marketing games that are effectively 15th against 12th rather than the cream of their domestic leagues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty much the reason why it'll never replace the domestic leagues, it may replace the Champions League one day.

I've always felt that a European Super League isn't feasible and I'm steadfast in that view.

I don't detect any aspiration for such a scheme among football supporters, even those that follow the established clubs, most especially in the Premier League, the financial power of which should not be underestimated when resisting any attempt to form a European Super League.

I just don't think there's sufficient appetite for the idea, which would be a hugely risk undertaking, to gain sufficient critical mass to get it off the ground.

People have been talking about it for decades, but are we really any closer now than we've previously been? If anything we're further away than we've been at certain previous points imo.

have i missed something or is the champions league just that and from 2018/19 season 4 teams from the premier league will automatic get a place without a play off

the only thing i would change is the is europa league and 4 teams from the premier league should get a place automatic from 5th place 8th and the FA cup winners a play off place in the champions league the league cup should be europa league play off place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.