How good are Xavi and Iniesta?

Andrés Iniesta is my personal favourite player in the world! I think he is just fucking magic! If there was one player I'd like us to sign it would be him over anyone, even Messi!

As for Fabregas or Silva replacing either Iniesta or Xavi, well I think Fabregas is a step down in quality from these two and Silva possibly the same.

Iniesta is by far better than Silva and Xavi. He has everything these two have but is much sharper.
In addition to that the key player both in Spain and Barca for box game penetration. Silva has to learn from these two something about decision making , how to conduct the game tempo,how to involve teammates in the game and whats the place to be as a midfielder.

beautiful_mind said:
Iniesta is by far better than Silva and Xavi. He has everything these two have but is much sharper.
In addition to that the key player both in Spain and Barca for box game penetration. Silva has to learn from these two something about decision making , how to conduct the game tempo,how to involve teammates in the game and whats the place to be as a midfielder.

You mean Silva should pass the ball to Dzeko more ;)

redmizzle said:
beautiful_mind said:

You mean Silva should pass the ball to Dzeko more ;)
Actually i would put Dzeko on the bench ;)

Never mind just Xavi and Iniesta, it's the understanding of the entire forwardline of Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi and Villa that makes them incomparable with any other attacking line-up in the world. To compare Xavi and Iniesta as individuals to other guys like Silva and Fabregas is very difficult becaus essentially they are of the same mould, ie classy playmakers, an eye for a pass that only special players possess and the ability to make their lack of physical stature count for nothing as they control games with just sheer footballing brain power.
It has to say something for Xavi and Iniesta that they are arguably the first names on Spain's team sheet, keeping Silva and Fabregas out of the side along with other similarly fantastic talents like Mata.

A different debate would be to compare Casillas and Valdes. Both of them are outstanding most of the time but they can both drop the odd bollock here or there, yet every time it's Casillas in goal for Spain, in fact is he not captain? You could easily argue a case for Valdes being Spain's number 1, behind a Puyol and Pique.

It's fun to compare these great players but even more fun to watch them at the peak of their powers as they are now. It's about time Spain started to flourish and I can't think of a nation more deserving of being World and European champions.

Silva is already a key memeber of the spanish team.He has 45 caps and 11 goals since 2006.

Iniesta's only 26 so will be part of the Spanish team for quite some time i would imagine.

Viva Rivaldo said:
nashark said:
Iniesta is not as good as Xavi. I just thought I'd clear that up. Xavi being the second best player in the world.
I was going to say something similar. Iniesta can't lie deep and dictate play from his own half during a game; something which Xavi is one of the best at.

It's never as clear cut as that mate. Xavi is outstanding and his command of the midfield is something to behold at times. but so is Iniesta's ability to glide past players in a very short space on the pitch and play those little one-two's that get the defence facing their own goals. The best example I can think of is when he set Eto'o up for Barca's first against the Scum in the Champs League final a few years ago. He does that time and time again, he did it against Arsenal to set Xavi up for his goal earlier in the season. They are absolute geniuses the pair of them, in different ways, but both equally as crucial to Barcs IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.