How good are Xavi and Iniesta?

jay_mcfc said:
As good as any central midfielders in my lifetime. I guess they're lucky to have the freedom to concentrate on creating chances thanks to the brilliant club and team they've been brought up with but looking beyond that they are clearly players of the very highest calibre.

I thought Xavi was misfiring a little the other night and he obviously missed having Iniesta playing alongside him. I wonder if either or both would have been successful with a different partner? I doubt it to be honest.

Xavi has been around longer than Iniesta and has played with a number of different partners in the centre and has always been top class, look at the partnership he had with Deco

They improve eachother. They are better players together.

If you put the best 11 players in the world on 1 team. Are they in there?

Xavi's the best passer of a ball in world football and it can be argued, of all time. Iniesta is an excellent finisher as well as dribbler and passer, Whilst Silva and Fabregas are fantastic footballers I think they still have a bit to go to be in the same bracket as the other two.

i've thought about this too..since people are putting Fabregas as Xavi's successor and Silva has been compared to Iniesta's game

Xavi/Iniesta have the edge because they play together for club and country, they already have an understanding on the pitch..

Fabregas/Silva haven't played together for a club being products of Barca and Valencia youth systems, though the 2 play for Spain, it's very rare to find themselves together on the pitch,

but then a midfield of Fabregas and Silva wouldn't be that bad though ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.