How is everyone coping?

Very sweet, very strong. I share a can with the missus. 220ml is enough mainly because of the sweetness. £3.50 from Tesco so not cheap but not bad considering how strong it is
That’s brilliant, never seen that at all. I love those beers as my end of night beer on a Saturday evening, just finish off with one of those.

I order a lot from DonkeyStone brewery in Oldham (if you’re local), you can order and pickup or they’ll drop off. They do a beer in a bag thing, I was a little wary but stick it in the fridge, open and it’s like having a pint at home

I am struggling last few weeks if honest and I have a very high resiliance level....maybe as its winter, the cold, the rain.....Ive been working from home everyday since before last March lockdown, have converted a bedroom into home office and just drafting schedule to build summerhouse/office in back garden for a change of view!! I get up 8am everyday (Cher is usually playing on bedside radio) - My spare bedroom/office overlooks some woodlands and is next to a golf course so its quiet- I know the amazon delivery drivers by name now, I watch the two squirrels play, I watch my neighbours cats catch hunt for mice or birds and prentend i am on safari in Africa watch a big cat. I watch the walkers go by on way their up to Rivington Moors, the family with two small kids, the elderly man whose wife walk behind him....why?, the 'jogging' couple with all the new running gear kit, the sulky teenager forced to walk the dog.... I know the exact times they come, fucking Bill Murray has nothing on me FFS)- I take my own dog out for walk as he whines and harasses me while I work, the wee bastard usually does 3 shites just to get his revenge for not taking him earlier!! I sometimes walk the opposite way on my walks to make it a different view, I saw two deer on the golf course yesterday....wildlife reclaiming the 6th fairway I thought and wished I had a ferking rifle with a scope. We have a canal near by so I walk there sometimes and dodge past fishermen. In summer a canal boat was there with few hippies which was fun, a hippy girl used to do her yoga naked on the bank and my dog always seemed to stop close by for a pee .... My work keeps me busy till about 4ish as I am usually tired, I work harder at home than in the office....I am now an expert on ZOOM, TEAMS, SKYPE meetings..my Zoom backgrounds include a pub, church and prison cell depending on my mood.........I have "Alexa" speaker to keep me company, play my fav tunes, I have never listened to so much music.....I have some whatsapp banter with mates in between work.....but then it hits me.....I miss my mates, I miss my golf on a friday with lads, I miss my five a side 2-3 times a week and the craic, I miss the pub and a proper ferking cold draft pint, I miss going to CITY and having beers in town before a game, ST holder 20 years....I miss my holidays in the sun with the family, our weekends away in Lakes or Dales or maybe a wee trip over to Ireland to see family and have few beers in Belfast or the PD club in Andytown with my brother for game of snooker or watch footy.....I miss eating out and not having to ferking cook.......but most of all I just miss hanging out with mates in a pub and talking absolute fucking bollix!!

I am struggling last few weeks if honest and I have a very high resiliance level....maybe as its winter, the cold, the rain.....Ive been working from home everyday since before last March lockdown, have converted a bedroom into home office and just drafting schedule to build summerhouse/office in back garden for a change of view!! I get up 8am everyday (Cher is usually playing on bedside radio) - My spare bedroom/office overlooks some woodlands and is next to a golf course so its quiet- I know the amazon delivery drivers by name now, I watch the two squirrels play, I watch my neighbours cats catch hunt for mice or birds and prentend i am on safari in Africa watch a big cat. I watch the walkers go by on way their up to Rivington Moors, the family with two small kids, the elderly man whose wife walk behind him....why?, the 'jogging' couple with all the new running gear kit, the sulky teenager forced to walk the dog.... I know the exact times they come, fucking Bill Murray has nothing on me FFS)- I take my own dog out for walk as he whines and harasses me while I work, the wee bastard usually does 3 shites just to get his revenge for not taking him earlier!! I sometimes walk the opposite way on my walks to make it a different view, I saw two deer on the golf course yesterday....wildlife reclaiming the 6th fairway I thought and wished I had a ferking rifle with a scope. We have a canal near by so I walk there sometimes and dodge past fishermen. In summer a canal boat was there with few hippies which was fun, a hippy girl used to do her yoga naked on the bank and my dog always seemed to stop close by for a pee .... My work keeps me busy till about 4ish as I am usually tired, I work harder at home than in the office....I am now an expert on ZOOM, TEAMS, SKYPE meetings..my Zoom backgrounds include a pub, church and prison cell depending on my mood.........I have "Alexa" speaker to keep me company, play my fav tunes, I have never listened to so much music.....I have some whatsapp banter with mates in between work.....but then it hits me.....I miss my mates, I miss my golf on a friday with lads, I miss my five a side 2-3 times a week and the craic, I miss the pub and a proper ferking cold draft pint, I miss going to CITY and having beers in town before a game, ST holder 20 years....I miss my holidays in the sun with the family, our weekends away in Lakes or Dales or maybe a wee trip over to Ireland to see family and have few beers in Belfast or the PD club in Andytown with my brother for game of snooker or watch footy.....I miss eating out and not having to ferking cook.......but most of all I just miss hanging out with mates in a pub and talking absolute fucking bollix!!
I think I've found the root of your problems, Cher. Sort out the station, wouldn't recommend talkshite btw

Fair enough, I have apologised now. For the record I remember pushing my late grandfather around in a wheelchair, I was attacking yoga, not the disabled.

To be honest he caught me at a time of fatigue working, I took 5 mins to look after a stressful morning and didn’t feel like apologising when I meant nothing by it. We’ve all calmed down now and can move on.

Also my Mrs does yoga btw, so no offence with that either.
Nice one BJ

Top post mate !

Did 10k this morning (1 hour 19 bit still did it). Tidied up. Nice bath. Had a bet. Made some lunch. Played scrabble with the kids. Half an hour guitar practice. Did a good deed for one of my tenants who came on the phone crying saying she had no income and could not pay rent. (She is a singer in pubs and clubs) and now going to get nicely pissed!

Did 10k this morning (1 hour 19 bit still did it). Tidied up. Nice bath. Had a bet. Made some lunch. Played scrabble with the kids. Half an hour guitar practice. Did a good deed for one of my tenants who came on the phone crying saying she had no income and could not pay rent. (She is a singer in pubs and clubs) and now going to get nicely pissed!
Good man.

Still working on 62 years of photographic endevour and eternally grateful to HP .. their generosity knows no bounds. An incredible company and one that just keeps on giving throughout this pandemic. A busy day doing nothing much, but busy all the same. A new purchase of a wireless adapter to replace the knackered Netlink and than a struggle for hours trying to get it to kick further than 20mbs. Eventually had a light bulb sic moment and realized it may need repositioning away from the slot owing to shielding protocol and after a good route around in our very large it will come in useful one day box I found a usb extension lead and all was good with speeds of 60 and above .. hoozah hoozah

9bS1Qsx.jpg

Spent another two hours sorting out the flickering on the 1050ti card when those irksome video adverts are displayed. Reseated card for the umpteenth time and drivers reinstalled blah blah blah and then read like a man possessed on our inter-web as this always provides goods ..just sometimes not as quick as one may like. So thank you techclassy for such a very easy fix.

Went for a quick one hour wobble and then read a few holiday blogs for some spring time inspiration. Circa 17:00 hours sharp we popped our cork on some La Moneda Malbec and now the Fulham game ..intentional violent conduct mais oui : )

Last but not least reading seantheducks post hit resonance, as we also too know the covid walkers timings and mannerisms as they aimlessly trot bye on their ablution to fresh airville and fitness absolute. We even have a couple mid fifties that use ski poles .. as if they are going to climb Hellvellan instead of some gentle stroll down a local reserve. Others have large rucksacks to carry their kendal mintcake and peckham spring. You have to keep yourself busy I guess so I'd like to be unhappy but never can find the time ..the time ..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.