How is everyone coping?

Struggling recently after our director sent a email saying we must return full time to the office and no further discussion will take place

this will impact my relationship and my finances, not forgetting i won't be seeing my boy apart from Saturday and Sundays.

I'm stuck, as i'm fortunate to have a well paid job - but 3 hours of my day will be commuting and each day sitting in a old office. really feel down about going back full time after i've proven i can work more productively from home.

Good days, bad days.
Renewed my season ticket and doing a lot of running. However some days I really don't want to be here at all but I manage to battle through it.
The news is a none stop barrage of anxiety for me, just wish things would go back to normal.

Keep batting everyone. Been a horrible year and a half but thankfully most people seem to just about staying sane. Think its the not knowing when it is going to be largely over that is driving everyone insane.
Insane is a big word mate!...sometimes we all get the blues...hell. there's a whole genre of music about it.
Play music loud. learn an instrument. read a book. write a play. learn to juggle. learn some card tricks. don't let your inner voice peck your head. and all will be well.

I like to practice my pagan rituals in the woods, talk with the animals and trees. Magical things start to happen when the psilocybin kicks in..

Really really struggling now. Some times feel like giving up, I dont see a future.

Work is a fucking nightmare. Boss does sod all and says its down to us to find out own work to do.
I have never worked where there is no structure.
When I was a boss I would set out the daily and weekly work so everyone knew what they were doing.

We have no risk assessment, cosh, etc, no job specs.

At this place we are to find our own work, but it has to be the hard, sometimes heavy work. The lady member of the team has been told she doesn't need to do these as she said she cant use strimmers, hand tools, etc so does litter picking and weeding.
Most of the time she is on her phone or chatting to her mates in town when litter picking

Work are now going to demote me because I dont find the 2 lads or myself work !.

I have had enough of this bull shit, I have about 30k and am thinking of just walking away. I really hate the place.
I just want to roll up into a ball and cry my eyes out. I am 60 and hate my working life.
Its affecting my home life to as I dont speak much.

I know some people are worst if than me, but it dorsnt help me !.

I am in tears just writing this before going to work. I feel so lonely, I miss my mum and dad like crazy. My missus doesnt know what to say ir do and I find myself snapping at her when I dont mean to . I love her .

Sorry to rant again

Last edited:
Really really struggling now. Some times feel like giving up, I dont see a future.

Work is a fucking nightmare. Boss does sod all and says its down to us to find out own work to do.
When I was a boss I would set out the daily and weekly work so everyone knew what they were doing.

At this place we are to find our own work, but it has to be the hard, sometimes heavy work. The lady member of the team has been told she doesn't need to do these as she said she cant use strimmers, hand tools, etc so does litter picking and weeding.
Most of the time she is on her phone or chatting to her mates in town when litter picking

Work are now going to demote me because I dont find the 2 lads or myself work !.

I have had enough of this bull shit, I have about 30k and am thinking of just walking away. I really hate the place.
I just want to roll up into a ball and cry my eyes out. I am 60 and hate my working life.

I am in tears just writing this before going to work. I feel so lonely, I miss my mum and dad like crazy. My missus doesnt know what to say ir do and I find myself snapping at her when I dont mean to . I love her .

Sorry to rant again
Start from home. Run things through with her in detail so she understands where you’re coming from. Then spend some time with her, uninterrupted, no pressure, just enjoy her company and your own. If you’re noticing how you’re being with her, truth is she felt and noticed a long time before whether you’ve spoken to her about it or not.

Sorry to rant again
Just ranting sometimes helps - don't apologise for it.

Sounds like your boss is a bit of a nightmare. It might not be popular, but i he isn't doing his job properly, is there anyone else you can talk to about it? I work in a totally different field - software - but if you have no specs to follow it can be difficult. Sounds like you are using heavy machinery and tools so no risk assessment sounds like something you could complain about to somebody straight away. What do you co-workers think.

Sounds like you love your wife and that's something to focus on. Getting through your job day-to-day so you get money to do what you want with your free time can be a strong incentive. Then of course we are only a few weeks away from seeing pep's boys start another campaign - surely something to look forward to.

My wife is going through some turmoil at the moment and it's sometimes hard to know what to say - all I can do is be there and be reassuring.

I don't know whether I'm rambling now so sorry if none of this helps, but the main thing is find something to focus on and don't lose hope. There will be a day in the future when you realise "the struggle" is worth carrying on with.

Sorry to rant again
What does your Mrs do, you seem like a mature organised grafter, can you do something else on a part time basis.... Set up something on your own, something where you will appreciated. Gardening, cleaning etc etc.......you dont have to re invent the wheel at your age. Just do it, you're only here once.

Thanks for your replys I have spoken to the deputy town clerk who seemed to be on my side. But the lady employee went running to our boss the other day after I moan that she was late picking us up. We had lots of gear to load but picked us up 15 minutes before home time was late going home.
She moan about me saying it was obvious you pick the team up with the most tools first !.

Because of that I am being demoted.

Love my wife but I hate life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.