How is everyone coping?

Where there is doubt there is no doubt. Walk away. Today. You will feel liberated and your mind will stop releasing all the chemicals that are causing you stress and distress. Your boss won’t change. You must. Walk. And do it today. Tomorrow will be a beautiful day for you. Go and do it.
Really really struggling now. Some times feel like giving up, I dont see a future.

Work is a fucking nightmare. Boss does sod all and says its down to us to find out own work to do.
I have never worked where there is no structure.
When I was a boss I would set out the daily and weekly work so everyone knew what they were doing.

We have no risk assessment, cosh, etc, no job specs.

At this place we are to find our own work, but it has to be the hard, sometimes heavy work. The lady member of the team has been told she doesn't need to do these as she said she cant use strimmers, hand tools, etc so does litter picking and weeding.
Most of the time she is on her phone or chatting to her mates in town when litter picking

Work are now going to demote me because I dont find the 2 lads or myself work !.

I have had enough of this bull shit, I have about 30k and am thinking of just walking away. I really hate the place.
I just want to roll up into a ball and cry my eyes out. I am 60 and hate my working life.
Its affecting my home life to as I dont speak much.

I know some people are worst if than me, but it dorsnt help me !.

I am in tears just writing this before going to work. I feel so lonely, I miss my mum and dad like crazy. My missus doesnt know what to say ir do and I find myself snapping at her when I dont mean to . I love nothing

Sorry to rant again
Really really struggling now. Some times feel like giving up, I dont see a future.

Work is a fucking nightmare. Boss does sod all and says its down to us to find out own work to do.
When I was a boss I would set out the daily and weekly work so everyone knew what they were doing.

At this place we are to find our own work, but it has to be the hard, sometimes heavy work. The lady member of the team has been told she doesn't need to do these as she said she cant use strimmers, hand tools, etc so does litter picking and weeding.
Most of the time she is on her phone or chatting to her mates in town when litter picking

Work are now going to demote me because I dont find the 2 lads or myself work !.

I have had enough of this bull shit, I have about 30k and am thinking of just walking away. I really hate the place.
I just want to roll up into a ball and cry my eyes out. I am 60 and hate my working life.

I am in tears just writing this before going to work. I feel so lonely, I miss my mum and dad like crazy. My missus doesnt know what to say ir do and I find myself snapping at her when I dont mean to . I love her .

Sorry to rant again
Mate just walk away if its making u feel like this.Reckon yoyr missus will be very happy to get the old u back.Good luck!

Ill second this. Youll end up 6 foot under

dont know your financial situ so i know its not always as straight forward as this but maybe look to set something up yourself ?

mow lawns, clean gutters, set up a window cleaning round

be THE MAN rather than work for the man and youll never look back

I am in tears just writing this before going to work. I feel so lonely, I miss my mum and dad like crazy. My missus doesnt know what to say ir do and I find myself snapping at her when I dont mean to . I love her .

Sorry to rant again
This will pass fella, but is it a chance to go on your own? If you have to find the work anyway you might as well!

Problem with trouble at work is we spend 50 hrs plus aweek being at work or travelling to work.
I hate unfairness which is my problem I guess.
Our manager just rants and raves instead of dealing with things calmly. Than runs to the deputy town clerk.
He is the only member of staff who thinks the 40yr old milkfloats are suitable for 2021 work standards.

I like to think when I was a manager I was a fair person. I was a manager for the best part of 20 or more years. Still friends with alot of my ex staff.
The 22 years of being head greenkeeper over a team of 6 I think only around 6 or 7 left. Some retired sone to be head greenkeepers at other clubs.

I dont understand this sort your own jobs out shit. Surely a place needs structure, risk assessment etc.

I will be the loser in this as the lady member is friends with some councillors who wanted her to get the job. Both her and the boss are in alot of locks volunteers groups. They run this place like a volunteer group and not as a work place.

My only option for my own heart is to leave. I am 60 and sick and tired I just want a job till I retire. No hassle.

Oh well of strimming now ;(

It was bloody hot strimming yesterday without any risk assessment for the job or the heat , nothing

It will be tough mate and I am sure it's against everything you are and have been taught over the years, but you need to get in touch with the Docs. Get a note for anxiety and depression and take a break. It's the only thing that helped me after struggling for a while. I am back in work now, but I took a step down in position to try avoid a repeat and while I am better than I was, lets just say some days are better than others.

Yea mate use to be a manager/ head greenkeeper until I got made redundant after 22 years at Chestfield golf club.
Ever since than I have struggled. I did tyre fitting as one job.
Marriage broke up.

Married a lovely lady now, but my work life is just shit. I seem to struggle with so many shit people in power, who arent good managers just talk the talk or lick arse.

I am working my arse of I have stopped strimming now my back is on so much pain. With have no risk assessment, we dint even record over strimming time for white figure. I record mine but the council dont. Its things like this that do my head in.

Sorry for keep moaning

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.