How long can you hold your breath for?

ono

Honestly...

I managed 38 seconds, but it was only to beat somebody who had just done 37 seconds. I reckon i could have gone on a bit further.

Anyway post your scores here. No cheating. Asthma sufferers get a 20 seconds head start.

My record when I was 14 was 2:28. I was a long distance swimmer and runner at the time.

I'm timing myself now for the first time in 25 years having smoked at least 20 ady for most of that time and not done any exersis for the last 10 years and there you go. 1:05.

A good method for anyone who wants to try.
1) pant like a dog for 30 seconds emphasising breathing out
2) take three quick deep breaths breathing out fully
3) take the breath you are going to hold but don't over fill your lungs

It's all about removing the CO2 first so you can keep the required partial pressure of oxygen for longer.

Gelsons Dad said:
My record when I was 14 was 2:28. I was a long distance swimmer and runner at the time.

I'm timing myself now for the first time in 25 years having smoked at least 20 ady for most of that time and not done any exersis for the last 10 years and there you go. 1:05.

A good method for anyone who wants to try.
1) pant like a dog for 30 seconds emphasising breathing out
2) take three quick deep breaths breathing out fully
3) take the breath you are going to hold but don't over fill your lungs

It's all about removing the CO2 first so you can keep the required partial pressure of oxygen for longer.

:O Dont know how you do it ..

ono said:
Honestly...

I managed 38 seconds, but it was only to beat somebody who had just done 37 seconds. I reckon i could have gone on a bit further.

Anyway post your scores here. No cheating. Asthma sufferers get a 20 seconds head start.

Busy?

loffers said:
ono said:
Honestly...

Busy?
Just as busy as you. You clicked on the thread :p

Actually i have 4 hours to pass....at work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.