How long is your commute to work?

School holidays 30 mins , now they are back anything between 1 hour to 1 1/2 both ways

Used to drive Preston to Crewe every day and it was normally 2 hours there and then 2 back due to the M6. Made me thoroughly miserable and swore to myself id never do anything like that again on a regular basis. Now i work from home and its great and flexible working is something i 100% would build into any considerations for a new job.

35-40 mins door to door.

I’d do anything up to 1.5 hours for the right job.

Usually anything up to an hour for most people is reasonable.

Quite surprised at some of these responses. Always thought mine was quite long at 40 minutes in London!
Think it’s public transport mate. When I lived in both Manchester and Liverpool the transport wasn’t as good (having to wait for trains added time, longer journey times due to more stops or delays, etc.).

Since moving to London I can get from Wimbledon to Waterloo within 17 minutes. Door to door I must be around 40, max - can make it shorter if I wanted to walk like a maniac.

Think it’s public transport mate. When I lived in both Manchester and Liverpool the transport wasn’t as good (having to wait for trains added time, longer journey times due to more stops or delays, etc.).

Since moving to London I can get from Wimbledon to Waterloo within 17 minutes. Door to door I must be around 40, max - can make it shorter if I wanted to walk like a maniac.

I have avoided the move to London all my career as I like living 30 mins, by bike from work in MCR. I think your experience in London is far from the norm.

One day I might make the move, or have to make the move, but I'd have no idea where to live.

5 mins, in the opposite direction to most traffic. I pity those sat in what I drive past each day, 1hr+ each way into town? I literally could not do it, soul destroying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.