How long is your commute to work?

I leave the house at 3.50am am in the car park for 3.54am catch the staff bus at 4.00am,10 min bus ride,get into work after going through security at about 4.30 am for a 5.00am start,so 4 mins by car 10 mins by bus,think it takes too long,should be allowed to park on the ramp at work,now that would be good.

I have avoided the move to London all my career as I like living 30 mins, by bike from work in MCR. I think your experience in London is far from the norm.

One day I might make the move, or have to make the move, but I'd have no idea where to live.
I’m not sure mate. The general rule of thumb is to pick where you live based on the transport to your work. Tubes and trains are frequent (in my case waiting over 5 minutes is a long time). Buses are decent too (although I have to take people’s word for that - personally haven’t used them).

I think most people commute for around 30 - 40 minutes.

In my heyday I commuted an hour and three quarters each way, door to door, for 10 years.

Drive to station, train into London then walk from Charing X.

A mug’s game.

An hour door to door. Never had much luck in terms of a short commute, this has been one of the better ones. Can be up to 2 hours a few days a week if I'm at meetings or site visits, but get paid for mileage so it's all good.

Did 2 years Northwich to Birmingham hour and half each way switched to Liverpool base when the M6 roadworks started now 35 mins but ripped off over that bloody bridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.