How many City games have you attended?

My dad started taking me around 1967, did around 10 a season until 1976 77 when I got a season ticket, I have had one ever since. From 77 until 2014 I would only miss 3 or 4 games a season, ( not including Euro aways) it was harder to get tickets at this point, because I refuse to buy a platinum card. I still get to over 30 per season,

Not as many as id like. Always enjoyed the away games more though. Went to Charlton away once for a dire nil nil in the Pearce era. Got locked in for about a half hour after then when the gates got unlocked someone shouted CHARGE! Still makes me laugh.

I was very young when my dad took me to maine road for the first time (penultimate season there if i remember right but was my only time there) at eastlands/city of manchester/ethiad quite a few over the 2000s and early 2010s with the odd away match in london but i haven't been since moving further south for work.

Still have a photo somewhere outside the stadium when we got the new owners seeing the amount of people with kitchen towels ducttaped to their heads...

I think like 2 or 3 darbies 1 at Wembley and a few other Wembley visits including our manchini era fa cup.

Aside from the distance i really struggle with dealing with the hassle of the other fans. Those of you who have been to trafford or liverpool i don't know how you do it. The prospect of being there outnumbered terrifies me...

Somewhere more neutral like fullham or something not a problem but those clubs that seem to despise anyone in blue is too much.

Cheers dad for introducing me to city, excuse the nostalgic long post there.

I was thinking earlier about the number of City games I have been to over the last 56 years.
I started going to Maine Road at 9 years of age in March 1966, and then went to most home matches ( first with my Dad,and then with my City supporting school mates.
And that continued until 1986 when I more or less stopped attending regularly, mainly due to having 2 young daughters who became my priority when I was not working 40 hours a week..
This went on for about 15 years, and I would only go to 1 or 2 matches a season.
Fast forward to 2001 and my daughters had grown up and either left home or gone to university, and all of a sudden I had my time back to myself again.
I had a new work pal who was as City mad as I was,and we started going to the match together in the final Joe Royle season.
And then we got season cards when we moved to Eastlands and have been to virtually every domestic home match since then.
With a good sprinkling of local away games from 2005 - 2010.
So I reckon I have just about completed 40 full seasons of regular match attendance.
So 40 seasons x approx 25 matches per season ( remember that the number of League home games in the 60s/70s was 21 ) and if my mathematics are correct
that gives a grand total of approximately 1,000 games.
So how does that work out against some of our other older fans ?
I would be interested to hear from fellow Bluemooners .
I know it's a bit sad to know the precise numbers but I have now attended 1,693 City first team matches (503 away) at 123 different stadiums (including new club ones) across the world. This season has been curtailed by ill health but I hope to be back in the saddle for Erling's debut. This team is playing the best football this country has ever seen and it is a crime to miss it. My first match was March 1968 (City 5 Fulham 1). I have not counted a lot of reserve and youth matches. That would be really sad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.