How many fans lost?

lee one pen

It seems there are a large number of fans not renewing this season. I know about 4 myself. How many fans are going to be lost? Could it run into the thousands?

The 4 I know are between 40 and 50 mate. A lot were getting a bit frustrated with the match day experience before covid, I think the numbers are going to be quite high and not just for us.
I think a lot of the middle aged fans (me being one) have been feeling that way for a long time. You only have to read the match day atmosphere thread to see that a lot of fans really dont actually enjoy it that much. Throw into that covid and i can see a lot of people just not being that fussed about renewing. For me Covid has made me realise how much money i spend watching City, and i very rarely do away games either. Made me question if i can use that money better for my family on things like holidays away, improving the house etc. When it comes to the crunch i probably will renew as i love watching City, but its certainly made me seriously question it.

We will probably loose a lot of the 'old' guard of fans who come for the atmosphere and banter but I feel sure that they will be replaced by the 'armchair' fan who don't mind waiting 5 minutes to see if a goal has been allowed or not.

I honestly can't see myself going back. Officiating was poor before VAR but this debacle has made 10 times worse. The game is no longer worth the 10 hour round trip (and the expense) in winter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.