How many fans lost?

I’m wondering how it affects TV viewing now, been able to watch every match has been a game changer for everyone, the broadcasters now need to be able to show all matches. It will be strange having to go back to hunting streams down and if they can change it now, why not forever, come up with a monthly fee to watch your teams game. If they say £20 for every City match a month, I’d think the uptake would be huge, I still think people will will go but clubs will have to look at pricing now more than ever as many will sack it off knowing how much they’ve saved through this pandemic.

I'v had and still have a lot of shit on my plate this year
time for reflection and all that
the money saved and more than 60% of my work holidays saved through not attending City games
conclusion for me is
I'll stop going when I'm dead
I can't fucking wait to go home,I mean get back to the ground.

The yellow card dished to Fred for violent conduct last night when the rules have this offence as a red card, just about put the final nail in the coffin for me about where I stand with todays corrupt version of the sport.
I said so much at the time, it was blatant cheating and showed me the ref was under direction/pressure, ironic that he ultimately must have felt Fred gave him no credible alternative/way out

I live down south now so go halves with my brother and that works well for me. I've seen quite a few people noting how the break from the schedule has given them the opportunity to spend more time with family and changed their perspective on what's important in life.

The question is, will that idea survive contact with going back to a live game and realising how much you've missed it?

It seems there are a large number of fans not renewing this season. I know about 4 myself. How many fans are going to be lost? Could it run into the thousands?
I think it was @Prestwich_Blue who once mentioned on here, something along the lines of: 15 years after the move to the CoMS (so 2018 from 2003), City had around 20,000 seasoncard holders fall away from our support.

That’s about 1,300 a season.

Covid will have a much greater impact on that than one normal Summer would, so I can see in the region of 5,000 season card holders not returning to City after all this.

I would imagine if stadiums opened fully tomorrow you would see a flood of fans and full stadium as people are eager to go to live football. But I think it would eventually fade, more empty seats especially on a rainy midweek night Vs Palace or brighton ( as in not top of table clash ).

This break has made fans realise "what the hell was I doing at 4pm on a sunday when it was p****g down going to footy". Much the same with those other awkward KO times, makes you feel a bit of a mug really, especially when it costs a lot.

For me there are certain KO times that I think "great" got footy to go to. But those 5pm Saturday KO or most sunday games what ever time they are Ive not missed as much, it disrupted my life to much. KO times are going to get worse not better, it will upset fans even more.

No matter how much we love the game, a lot of people have got out of the habit and filled time elsewhere for less money. A break in anything whether it be the gym or a restaurant, it makes people drift.

Im dying to go to a game, cant wait. Cant say I will be rushing to a 5pm KO once ive seen a few games though.

I’m wondering how it affects TV viewing now, been able to watch every match has been a game changer for everyone, the broadcasters now need to be able to show all matches. It will be strange having to go back to hunting streams down and if they can change it now, why not forever, come up with a monthly fee to watch your teams game. If they say £20 for every City match a month, I’d think the uptake would be huge, I still think people will will go but clubs will have to look at pricing now more than ever as many will sack it off knowing how much they’ve saved through this pandemic.
I’ve watched less football than I ever have.

One weekend I sat and watched the entire schedule and it was one of the most boring weekends I’ve ever had in my life.

So now, I just watch City. Which is also boring as fuck, but they’re my team so I wouldn’t miss it.

Football without fans is as dull a sport as you could possibly imagine. Cross country skiing is more exciting! I can’t fucking wait to get back in the stadium and make football good again.

But I know many won’t.

I would imagine if stadiums opened fully tomorrow you would see a flood of fans and full stadium as people are eager to go to live football. But I think it would eventually fade, more empty seats especially on a rainy midweek night Vs Palace or brighton ( as in not top of table clash ).

This break has made fans realise "what the hell was I doing at 4pm on a sunday when it was p****g down going to footy". Much the same with those other awkward KO times, makes you feel a bit of a mug really, especially when it costs a lot.

For me there are certain KO times that I think "great" got footy to go to. But those 5pm Saturday KO or most sunday games what ever time they are Ive not missed as much, it disrupted my life to much. KO times are going to get worse not better, it will upset fans even more.

No matter how much we love the game, a lot of people have got out of the habit and filled time elsewhere for less money. A break in anything whether it be the gym or a restaurant, it makes people drift.

Im dying to go to a game, cant wait. Cant say I will be rushing to a 5pm KO once ive seen a few games though.
17:30 on Saturday is by far me and my group’s favourite KO time.

We all love it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.