How many league goals will Haaland score this season?

Most goals scored in a European season (all competitions).

VqkTmGH.png

Hi Guys
I've been away for a few weeks so I've missed the start of the season.
Last I remember, some were worried about that Haaland bloke - saying he's not likely to hit the ground running so we won't see the best of him till maybe next season - so, just wondered, after a month, how has it panned out?
Is he another dud? If so, I bet the scousers are happy!
Still going to take a bit of time for the premier league to adjust to him I think

Most goals scored in a European season (all competitions).

VqkTmGH.png
You can really discount the pre 50’s stats there, different game

The 3 modern players hitting those numbers is incredible going really.

It shows it’s doable and you couldn’t write off Haaland doing similar. I do think he will be rested more than those players though.

Difficult to hit those stats though, it might be quite telling they were all done in the same league

am i the only thinking Dixie Deans record is under threat if Haaland remains uninjured?
The Top6 all-time in England are:

Dixie Dean (Everton) 60, 1927-28
Tom Waring (Aston Villa) 49, 1930-31
Dixie Dean (Everton) 44, 1931-32
Ted Harper (Blackburn) 43, 1925-26
Dave Halliday (Sunderland) 43, 1928-29
Ted Drake (Arsenal) 42, 1934-35

60 is a fucking lot of goals!

Haaland does have a pattern in his career of scoring in bouts n’all. He scored 30 in 29 last season and 41 in 41 the season before, but actually looking at the figures:

2021-22 - had 13 scoreless games (with a run of with 7 scoreless games out of 10 to end the season) with 7 braces and 2 hattricks
2020-21 - had 16 scoreless games with 14 braces and one haul (4 goals in a game)

So he seems to be streaky with his numbers where it tends to even out to about a goal a game over a season. However, he is now playing in the most creative team in the world and he’s maturing as a player. So you never know, never say never, especially in footy!

Amazing to think Anelka won the Golden Boot one year with 19 goals.

The Top6 all-time in England are:

Dixie Dean (Everton) 60, 1927-28
Tom Waring (Aston Villa) 49, 1930-31
Dixie Dean (Everton) 44, 1931-32
Ted Harper (Blackburn) 43, 1925-26
Dave Halliday (Sunderland) 43, 1928-29
Ted Drake (Arsenal) 42, 1934-35

60 is a fucking lot of goals!

Haaland does have a pattern in his career of scoring in bouts n’all. He scored 30 in 29 last season and 41 in 41 the season before, but actually looking at the figures:

2021-22 - had 13 scoreless games (with a run of with 7 scoreless games out of 10 to end the season) with 7 braces and 2 hattricks
2020-21 - had 16 scoreless games with 14 braces and one haul (4 goals in a game)

So he seems to be streaky with his numbers where it tends to even out to about a goal a game over a season. However, he is now playing in the most creative team in the world and he’s maturing as a player. So you never know, never say never, especially in footy!

Amazing to think Anelka won the Golden Boot one year with 19 goals.

Is Haaland streaky though, or was that Dortmund side streaky?

Looking at that run of games at the end of last season for example, in those scoreless games he had very low numbers of shots and xG. So he mostly just wasn't getting chances to score.

Compare that to his start in the PL where he's had 4, 2, 5, 7, 4 shots and his xG is 6.6, he's always going to get chances provided here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.