How many of our academy will be in the first team in 2-3 years time?

If we sign a DM, I'm pretty sure Lavia will do a Sancho (and he should imo). He's really good and City will trust him I believe. Added bonus that he seems to already know what Pep expects from one of the most difficult positions in his team and it will take any other player a season to get it. I think we will invest that season on Lavia instead which will also prepare him physically for it.
I would really love JWE(or any youth player for that matter) to make it to first team. But who knows, may be we will actually buy an LB next window because Mendy is not coming back imo.
So if we sign Bissouma you think Lavia should leave? lets put it a different way if Fernadinho leaves that will leave a space, we will have 1 DM in Rodri who has just missed a game, we are already short of players in this position as Gundogan(also missed a game) can not do the DM position, we need 3 players for this position and 2 quality players being pushed by a youth player is ideal

Im not reading an essay if you open it with something this stupid.

That is the second time you have replied with an offensive post. If you cannot accept another point of view other than your own and be civil then best we ignore each other.

As others have said a lot will depend upon opportunity. If only two players from the current crop (excluding Foden who has already made the leap) become full first team squad members I would consider that a success. Hopefully more than two will establish themselves but the issue is getting opportunities and taking them.

It might not be a popular opinion in these parts but Bacon Face did a brilliant job bringing the Beckham/Giggs/Scholes generation through. Not many managers would be so bold when fighting for titles. Still a bullying git though!

That is the second time you have replied with an offensive post. If you cannot accept another point of view other than your own and be civil then best we ignore each other.

If you keep writing stupid shit, then I'm going to keep pointing out how stupid it is.

Claiming a player "was a shooting star who's dimmed" 5 matches after a transfer is just fucking stupid. He got 36 goals and assists in 38 games last season. He won his first major trophy in June, scoring 2 and assist 1 in the final.

Its not a valid opinion and I'm not going to pretend it is.

Neither is claiming "he barely features for England" compared to Foden when he's got 22 caps to Phils 9 and both played 3 games in the Euros, neither being a starter by the later stages. Its just false.

If you want me to treat your posts with more respect than stop writing desperate fanfiction and start actually discussing football.

Last edited:
If you keep writing stupid shit, then I'm going to keep pointing out how stupid it is.

Claiming a player "was a shooting star who's dimmed" 5 matches after a transfer is just fucking stupid. He got 36 goals and assists in 38 games last season. He won his first major trophy in June, scoring 2 and assist 1 in the final.

Its not a valid opinion and I'm not going to pretend it is.

Neither is claiming "he barely features for England" compared to Foden when he's got 22 caps to Phils 9 and both played 3 games in the Euros, neither being a starter by the later stages. Its just false.

If you want me to treat your posts with more respect than stop writing desperate fanfiction and start actually discussing football.
You couldnt resist and let it alone. That is why you have over 29.5k posts so must be an arbiter on all things football. How dare anyone disagree with you and your "facts"?

You state history not the current situation. This is a forum and I do not need your respect nor patronising.

Tuesday night was really enjoyable but with the pick of the best players in the World any that make a first team regular at City now will really have to be exceptional, good luck to them all could save us a fortune.

There are a few who have a shot. In no particular order the most likely seem to be:

Delap
Mbete
Lavia
McAtee
Palmer
Wilson-Ebrand (I dont know much about him but he looked good and theres always a lack of quality LBs)

I think realistically even 1 or 2 becoming squad regulars is the best case scenario. But I do think that group, plus a few others such as Doyle and THB, will go on to become top flight regulars elsewhere. And that is a huge success for the academy and the players themselves.

You couldnt resist and let it alone. That is why you have over 29.5k posts so must be an arbiter on all things football. How dare anyone disagree with you and your "facts"?

You state history not the current situation. This is a forum and I do not need your respect nor patronising.

It is a forum which is why I get to say you calling 3 months ago history instead of just admitting to yourself that pretending Sancho is "fading" because he's not hit the ground running is pathetic and embarrassing.

I dread to think what you thought of David Silva in his first 6 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.