How many of our academy will be in the first team in 2-3 years time?

Saddleworth2

Following what I thought was a really good performance last night where our youngsters really shone, are we really looking at a ‘golden’ generation, when a couple of years from now the academy boys will make up a significant percentage of the first team. 2 years from now is this possible:

Ederson

Cancelo
Dias
Mbete
Wilson Esbrand

Lavia
Foden
Macatee

Palmer
Delap
Grealish

now that would be exciting.

Following what I thought was a really good performance last night where our youngsters really shone, are we really looking at a ‘golden’ generation, when a couple of years from now the academy boys will make up a significant percentage of the first team. 2 years from now is this possible:

Ederson

Cancelo
Dias
Mbete
Wilson Esbrand

Lavia
Foden
Macatee

Palmer
Delap
Grealish

now that would be exciting.
From what bit of them I've seen all the young lads in that team can be Prem level footballers,will it be with us ? (could also put THB,& the Doyles into the mix too).

It was noticeable and I know it was his first goal at the ground but, Palmer was bouncing in his celebration after scoring late on last night. There's something to be said for players who as well as a pay packet love to play for City.

From what bit of them I've seen all the young lads in that team can be Prem level footballers,will it be with us ? (could also put THB,& the Doyles into the mix too).

It was noticeable and I know it was his first goal at the ground but, Palmer was bouncing in his celebration after scoring late on last night. There's something to be said for players who as well as a pay packet love to play for City.
It’s very difficult to gauge what a young players ceiling is because ultimately we need a squad and team capable of winning the premier league and CL. Phil, I think we all knew. Where do Macatee, Palmer compare with him at same age? Not sure. Defenders are always difficult because so much depends on their physical development. It does look though that we will have multiple youngsters at least pressing for a squad place. It’s a nice problem to have.

We seem to have our ear to the ground at last, regarding getting lads in young from other clubs.
Mbete and Lavia look like great signings.
I'm guessing Brentford are regretting closing down their youth squad now as Mbete looks like he will make it as a premier league player.

Wilson-Esbrand looked like a left sided Reece James last night. I have no clue how good he really he is, but his playing style, the way he runs with the ball etc reminds me a lot of James.

We seem to have our ear to the ground at last, regarding getting lads in young from other clubs.
I'm guessing Brentford are regretting closing down their youth squad now as Mbete looks like he will make it as a premier league player.
I thought he was a local lad myself, but he is indeed London born and joined us at U12s level.

Them closing their academy has done them a lot of good. They used the money to scout the world for unknown gems. Not sure how it can work alongside Brexit, but they’ve shot through the divisions.

Feeling pretty confident on Lavia and McAtee. Other than that I think Palmer, Delap, Wilson-Esbrand and one of C.Doyle/Mbete/THB/Burns has a good chance. Too early to say on the U18s, but I`d keep a close eye on Carlos Borges and Hamilton. In only 2-3 years time Fernandinho, Laporte, Gundogan, Bernardo and Mahrez could all be gone, so there are definitely spots up for grabs. If Sterling doesn`t renew this season he`s probably gone in the summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.